Current time: 07/05/2024, 12:49 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
Apparently from what I was told yesterday from timetable change today HE will be down to only three duties on 219s with the rest transferring to Ashton Depot along with a number of Hybrids to cover the route.

As a result of the above all Hybrids due for transfer were on duties that saw them back in the depot for about 18:00 last night which why if anybody was about they would have noticed Hybrids on 76, 201 & 203 and various other HE routes they don't normally appear on during the week
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(26/10/2014 07:41)M60lad Wrote:  Apparently from what I was told yesterday from timetable change today HE will be down to only three duties on 219s with the rest transferring to Ashton Depot along with a number of Hybrids to cover the route.

As a result of the above all Hybrids due for transfer were on duties that saw them back in the depot for about 18:00 last night which why if anybody was about they would have noticed Hybrids on 76, 201 & 203 and various other HE routes they don't normally appear on during the week

Is it just the 219 that's gone to AZ? I was told most 168/169 journeys were also moving to AZ to improve reliability.
(26/10/2014 10:17)Mayneway Wrote:  Is it just the 219 that's gone to AZ? I was told most 168/169 journeys were also moving to AZ to improve reliability.

Reliability is not one of the 168 or 169s strong points, I've got to admit. If it does move, I'd hope to see the Tridents moving as well.
Middleton Depot's repainted Enviro 300 27624 is today out and about on 149s, one thing I have noticed is that on the offside it just says Stagecoach above the drivers window and not Stagecoach in Manchester which I would have expected it to have
(25/10/2014 17:29)SF07 Wrote:  Caught a brief glimpse of a ex-JPT Primo in Stagecoach colours running out of service heading towards Middleton depot. Look quite reasonably good in Stagecoach livery.

Noted Primo 49896 pottering about this morning, showing "Not in Service". It did indeed look quite good in Stagecoach livery. Still not seen one in service though.
(27/10/2014 07:30)Owl Wrote:  Noted Primo 49896 pottering about this morning, showing "Not in Service". It did indeed look quite good in Stagecoach livery. Still not seen one in service though.

Apparently both the Stagecoach liveried Primos are now being used in service. I spotted one in Manchester on Saturday morning. Certainly look very smart.
18111 on the X57 this morning.
I've noticed that the 86 has had a few MANs operating on the route this week. I'm not sure if that this has had anything to do with the rumoured transfer of the 219 to Ashton depot.
(28/10/2014 20:50)Dentonian Wrote:  I wouldn't think so. The 219 swap would only involve AZ & HE. Maybe the Sharston router got 84 & 86 mixed up!

I was wondering the same. Spent about half an hour in Ashton this lunchtime and there did seem to be more Diesel Enviro400's from AZ than of normal on the 219, think it was 3 in a row, the 4th was a Hybrid and it did look like drivers were swapping over which would suggest the rumour was correct but I wouldn't say for certain.
Certainly the 168/169 was today still HE operated.
Stagecoach suffered major problems with services attempting to leave the City tonight as a major RTC closed Princess Road near to Mancunian Way junction, as a result virtually all exits from Manchester were blocked and almost gridlocked solid with traffic having to find alternate way out, considering the RTC happened where it did it was having a knock on effect as far back as Great Ancoats Street and Oldham Street, I do believe some services were running in excess of 90mins or more late at one point but could be wrong

User(s) browsing this thread: 22 Guest(s)