Current time: 07/05/2024, 22:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
(16/10/2014 23:01)FC Pictures Wrote:  Well you can say that but i don`t agree with you , have a look on a recent map and the hospital is clearly called Aintree, Not Fazakerley, this is 2014 not 1974

Nostalgia etc is for museums and running days not modern bus services

Maybe - but a lot of passengers may want to go to Fazakerley (not the hospital) and could be confused by an "Aintree" destination.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(17/10/2014 10:31)Route102 Wrote:  Whether the hospital sits in Fazakerley or not it's now called Aintree University Hospital, having just changed from its old official name of University Hospital Aintree, some buses did show this on the destination but as you can imagine the writing was very small. HTLs 102 shows Aintree Hospital. The hospital was renamed when Walton and Fazakerley were joined under the same NHS Trust for ease called Aintree Hospitals Trust.

So should Merseyrail rename the station Aintree Hospital?
Spotted a Stagecoach 53 displaying "£1.50 Bootle to Liverpool" yesterday. Is this something new, are we about to see a price war and how does it square with the concept a combined service QB Partnership if one operator is undercutting the other.

Perhaps its an attempt to attract passengers on Stanley Road who now avoid the 53 due to its circuitous route into Queen Square compared with all the other Arriva routes and the X2.
(23/10/2014 09:20)L544 Wrote:  Spotted a Stagecoach 53 displaying "£1.50 Bootle to Liverpool" yesterday. Is this something new, are we about to see a price war and how does it square with the concept a combined service QB Partnership if one operator is undercutting the other.

Perhaps its an attempt to attract passengers on Stanley Road who now avoid the 53 due to its circuitous route into Queen Square compared with all the other Arriva routes and the X2.
Stagecoach have had that destination for a good few months now, although not every 53 per day seems to display it from what I see. Some seem to display flashing via points instead - either that or the £1.50 mention is on the same destination as the flashing via points!

(23/10/2014 09:10)L544 Wrote:  So should Merseyrail rename the station Aintree Hospital?
That's unlikely as the station is currently called "Fazakerley", with no mention of the hospital.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Seen a rare S### BWC Dennis Trident on the 19 earlier does anyone know how long it is here for or is it a permanent allocation? [/u]

Been hating Urban 90's since 2001Dodgy
(23/10/2014 09:20)L544 Wrote:  Spotted a Stagecoach 53 displaying "£1.50 Bootle to Liverpool" yesterday. Is this something new, are we about to see a price war and how does it square with the concept a combined service QB Partnership if one operator is undercutting the other.

Arriva has been advertising a 'Fabulous 50's' ticket for some months whereby all Sunday services on the 52, 52A, 53, 53A, 54 and 55 are £1.50 for the entirety of each route.

When you consider that the Bootle Stanley Road area is one of the most economically deprived areas of the country with a very high unemployment rate it makes sense for bus companies to set their fare structure accordingly whereas carrying fresh air doesn't make any sense.

Whether such promotions increase ridership only the accountants will know.
(24/10/2014 18:10)Neoplan N4009 Wrote:  Seen a rare S### BWC Dennis Trident on the 19 earlier does anyone know how long it is here for or is it a permanent allocation? [/u]

It was probably one of the two that recently moved from Chorley, although I can't remember which ones they were - 17018 and 17021 spring to mind but I'm possibly wrong!

I have a huge amount of sympathy for the poor driver lumbered with that machine. I drove them when I worked at Chorley four years ago and they were awful, horrible things then. Five and a half hours with one of them on the 125 was not a pleasant experience.
More likely to be 17036 I'd say - as I recall both 17018/21 were taken out of service with knackered engines.
17019 - S819 BWC was on the Maghull school run (741) on the 16/10/14 so it could have been that one.
(26/10/2014 12:56)Daniel Anderton Wrote:  17019 - S819 BWC was on the Maghull school run (741) on the 16/10/14 so it could have been that one.

Recently been at Rock Ferry, still with 'The Open' adverts on the side

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/

User(s) browsing this thread: 36 Guest(s)