Current time: 05/05/2024, 23:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(17/10/2014 23:16)VolvoB10M Wrote:  Are the only B10M's Stagecoach run in public service in Inverness?

The pair of B10Ms at Stockport still occasionally do public services just like the Magics at Middleton. One was out just last week but I carnt remember what on lol.

Edit:
I've checked. It was on 192's during the morning peak on 13/10. I think the 192 is still a good haunt for them during the week in between schools. Obviously there's days when their not out at all.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(18/10/2014 09:22)Mayneway Wrote:  The pair of B10Ms at Stockport still occasionally do public services just like the Magics at Middleton. One was out just last week but I carnt remember what on lol.

Edit:
I've checked. It was on 192's during the morning peak on 13/10. I think the 192 is still a good haunt for them during the week in between schools. Obviously there's days when their not out at all.

I think I might have a look into town on my days off then, maybe if it's on Monday?
The following were noted amongst the usual Enviro400s on Metrolink Replacements on Bury line yesterday afternoon:

17507, 17499, 17500 and an unidentified Hybrid Enviro400

I rode on 17507 to Bury and was quite impressed with the turn of speed on it, no the driver wasn't speeding but it picked up speed no problem

Other sightings included 17011 on 255 and 18110 on 256 also one of HE's Enviro200 was out on 168/169 noted leaving Ashton yesterday morning

Also a 38 branded (19505) was out on 250s along with a Hybrid Enviro400
Has anyone heard anything about changes to 219s from next weekend only I got told that all 219s will be transferring to AZ next weekend along with about 20 Hybrids from Sharston although I'm sure my source probably means HE as I can't see why Sharston would lose 20 Hybrids as that would leave them short wouldn't it
(19/10/2014 06:39)M60lad Wrote:  Has anyone heard anything about changes to 219s from next weekend only I got told that all 219s will be transferring to AZ next weekend along with about 20 Hybrids from Sharston although I'm sure my source probably means HE as I can't see why Sharston would lose 20 Hybrids as that would leave them short wouldn't it

I haven't heard anything personally - and I have a mate who works at AZ that's normally quite reliable, but AZ have had a huge influx of new drivers recently with trainers, 40660 (before it left) and 47001 out most days route learning new drivers and were not talking 2 or 3 drivers but quite hefty loads.

Having said that AZ were doing evening journeys on the 219 for a while over summer but these seem to have switched back to HE with Hybirds once again the main performers.
47001 seems to be getting out and about a bit this week, I pretty sure I saw it heading towards Bury sometime this week on route learning duties as it had a load of drivers on it
Started yesterday and continuing until Tuesday at the earliest Church Street is closed at High Street junction heading out of Manchester, this caused huge problems yesterday to all services using that side of town as all buses were diverted via Lever Street, Swan Street and Shudehill, by yesterday afternoon this was adding upto 20mins to all journey times with buses queuing the length of Lever Street to Stevenson Square, due to these problems I noticed that usual diversion for 216/231s inbound to Manchester became operational again with buses coming in via Adair Street, Fairfield Street, Minshull Street and Portland Street.

It didn't help that these works (whatever their doing as there's a big square hole at Church Street/High Street junction now) have coincided with the following:

1> Disney on Ice at Manchester Arena
2> Metrolink off Manchester-Bury/Central Park
3> Manchester City playing at home
(19/10/2014 11:37)M60lad Wrote:  47001 seems to be getting out and about a bit this week, I pretty sure I saw it heading towards Bury sometime this week on route learning duties as it had a load of drivers on it

M60lad Wrote:Has anyone heard anything about changes to 219s from next weekend only I got told that all 219s will be transferring to AZ next weekend along with about 20 Hybrids from Sharston although I'm sure my source probably means HE as I can't see why Sharston would lose 20 Hybrids as that would leave them short wouldn't it

I have seen it route learning the 231 a couple of times, maybe 231 is getting some hybrids? Or am I putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5?
(19/10/2014 11:51)joe_alker Wrote:  I have seen it route learning the 231 a couple of times, maybe 231 is getting some hybrids? Or am I putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5?

As Dentionan has said in the past, the Hybrids were awarded for the 219 so If any move to AZ then I would imagine their primary use would be in the 219 but I'm sure they would creep onto other services.
(19/10/2014 12:13)Mayneway Wrote:  As Dentionan has said in the past, the Hybrids were awarded for the 219 so If any move to AZ then I would imagine their primary use would be in the 219 but I'm sure they would creep onto other services.

Considering how the 168/9 has had hybrids on in the past, and several other routes, even the 231 once when it was due to be run by AZ but a hybrid ended up on it one evening.

User(s) browsing this thread: 21 Guest(s)