Current time: 16/05/2024, 06:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
Noted 39642 out and about in Moston, aparently having returned from a spell in reserve, albeit showing "not in service". Also S & T reg MANs still in extensive use. Is this caused by the ex-JPT buses being repainted?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Is 10031 returning to Morecambe or is it a permanent transfer?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonesy3001/

If it's not in london they dont want to know
(15/10/2014 11:35)Owl Wrote:  Noted 39642 out and about in Moston, aparently having returned from a spell in reserve, albeit showing "not in service". Also S & T reg MANs still in extensive use. Is this caused by the ex-JPT buses being repainted?

22102 was surprisingly out on late evening 236/237's last night. I think tender wise they can use the S reg MANs for another 12 months.
(15/10/2014 11:35)Owl Wrote:  Noted 39642 out and about in Moston, aparently having returned from a spell in reserve, albeit showing "not in service". Also S & T reg MANs still in extensive use. Is this caused by the ex-JPT buses being repainted?

39642 officially on fleet at Middleton now, replacing MPD 33856.

Older MANs remain in use due to others being VOR as far as I'm aware.
(15/10/2014 19:24)Dentonian Wrote:  I thought the rule was that a bus could be used up to the July after its 15th birthday, which would mean S-regs should not now be used on Tenders. The July date is based on expiry of school contracts, btw.

I was originally told the same last month, that with the older ST Enviro200's moving to MN to displace S and T reg MANs which were deamed to old for tenders, any that remained in use were for commercial work only but it seems this has been relaxed given the number of vehicles off the road or awaiting re-paint.

Just seems strange given the number of younger vehicles at AZ the oldest vehicle thier ended up on late evening work (which is unusual in its self), but also on tendered journeys.
I'm sure I've seen 22102 on the 183 recently as well!

Arn't the 3 magic Olympians at MN mainly used on tendered school services?? Surly these are also too old for tendered work.
As for the three magics; they're used on a private school contract; direct from school; so no regulations - tbh wouldn't trust the kids of Oldham Academy with anything else
As well as Oldham Academy the blue Olympians at Middleton can still be seen in normal service in fact earlier this week one of them was out on 77s
(15/10/2014 20:47)mbonwick Wrote:  39642 officially on fleet at Middleton now, replacing MPD 33856.

Older MANs remain in use due to others being VOR as far as I'm aware.

The swap must have only just occurred then, as I saw 33856 out in service on the same journey that I saw 39642.
@M60lad that is only when desperate for vehicles; used as taxis throughout the day
(16/10/2014 11:47)jimbo Wrote:  @M60lad that is only when desperate for vehicles; used as taxis throughout the day

They are out and about a fair bit with "Out of Service" showing, but they must be desperate on a regular basis , as I have seen them in service a number of times in recent weeks.

User(s) browsing this thread: 19 Guest(s)