Current time: 04/05/2024, 00:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(03/10/2014 22:47)VolvoB10M Wrote:  Is it the last of it's kind in Manchester or altogether?

Manchester, for now there are still 709Ds in service on Arran.

The breadvan under the arches at Hyde Road will be 41166 ex-Wales, a 711D.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Possibility of some odd workings today on some routes due to the fact that Metrolink Replacements are in operation on the following Metrolink lines today:

Bury-Piccadilly
Central Park-Piccadilly
(04/10/2014 08:01)M60lad Wrote:  Possibility of some odd workings today on some routes due to the fact that Metrolink Replacements are in operation on the following Metrolink lines today:

Bury-Piccadilly
Central Park-Piccadilly

The 168/169 seems to have been relegated to entirely Magic buses today. In the last hour all workings in both directions have been Magic Tridents - non dual door though!
I didn't think Hyde Road had that many single door Magic Tridents so are some on loan from Sharston?

Given that the 141 dosen't run at weekends I'm fairly certain Dual door Tridents will crop up on other magic services but I wonder gear the chances are of any appearing on a corporate service?
(01/10/2014 22:24)james Wrote:  at he should be in non magic livery is
17002/5/10/11/38
17151/17175/17180
acc to last allocation sheet i had but these often end up loaned to middleton im sure r971 can be more specific tho as im sure he works there

(04/10/2014 09:39)Mayneway Wrote:  The 168/169 seems to have been relegated to entirely Magic buses today. In the last hour all workings in both directions have been Magic Tridents - non dual door though!
I didn't think Hyde Road had that many single door Magic Tridents so are some on loan from Sharston?

Given that the 141 dosen't run at weekends I'm fairly certain Dual door Tridents will crop up on other magic services but I wonder gear the chances are of any appearing on a corporate service?

Relating to both above posts, I saw 17002 on route 168 this afternoon. I found out last weekend that 17001 has gone to preservation, which probably means 17002 is the oldest Stagecoach Trident in service anywhere.

(03/10/2014 19:01)Mayneway Wrote:  Rather surprised to read on one of the Yahoo groups a post by Ross Newman from Ensignbus listing the comings and goings during September.
Of interest locally is that Stagecoach Manchester have apparently sold 40660 to them. Interesting as 40660 was in Ashton yesterday and today on route learning duties.

I'm sure 40660 was used as the regular bus in Corrie.
(04/10/2014 20:58)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I found out last weekend that 17001 has gone to preservation, which probably means 17002 is the oldest Stagecoach Trident in service anywhere.

I saw a video of it on it's last day of service, it went straight from service into the London bus museum. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVPQr2pPvEw
(03/10/2014 19:01)Mayneway Wrote:  Rather surprised to read on one of the Yahoo groups a post by Ross Newman from Ensignbus listing the comings and goings during September.
Of interest locally is that Stagecoach Manchester have apparently sold 40660 to them. Interesting as 40660 was in Ashton yesterday and today on route learning duties.

40660 left last night (friday 3/10/14) from ashton after daytime service it left between 2100 and 2330 for pastures new
(04/10/2014 22:24)james Wrote:  40660 left last night (friday 3/10/14) from ashton after daytime service it left between 2100 and 2330 for pastures new

Apparently is left late afternoon not long after it entered the depot after completing driver route learning on the 231/216's. Ensign were apparently waiting to collect it.
It's been mentioned elsewhere but it seems very unusual for a bus to be out working, withdrawn and sold all in the space of a day lol. Although technically it hadn't carried fare paying passengers for at least 3 years I reckon it's still sad to see it go, but I'm told the fact only a couple of drivers could use it meant it's uses even as a ancillary vehicle were limited.
Photo on Flickr of Plaxton Primo 49894 (formerly JPT 258) now in Stagecoach livery:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/87847390@N...otostream/
47001 has apparently replaced 40660 at AZ which explains why it was spotted on Friday route training drivers. It was also out today on 202's in Glossop. So that makes it 3 Solos allocated to AZ.
For anyone who's interested Stagecoach 27625 (ex JPT Enviro 300) was today out and about on 171s and it seems these ex JPT buses are now increasingly finding their way onto other routes now, in fact one of the Primo's was out one day last week on 151s

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)