Current time: 04/05/2024, 12:14 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(18/09/2014 23:03)Mayneway Wrote:  Funnily enough I noticed one of Pioneer's Solo's in Ashton displaying '36 Bolton' on the front with '38 Ashton' on the side display. The driver looked very bemused when the passenger's told him.

I've seen Pioneer's 39's with Manchester on the front, and a Stagecoach Enviro in Ashton apparently on the 33 to Wigan.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(18/09/2014 23:04)Mayneway Wrote:  Do we know whether the centre doors on the Tridents are being used or not?

Yeah the centre doors should be being used they are still operational along with the ramp the only downside is the wheelchairs have use back doors dor entry, these buses are very useful on magic services especially on the night service
Has anyone stood at the centre doors when alighting or is it because everyone is used to single door operation?
I was informed by a senior employee at Stagecoach at the end of August that the centre doors would remain but wouldn't be used at all, yet I've since been told by a couple of drivers that they can be used. I have watched a couple of 141s alighting today and they all used the door at the front so it does look like their not using them.

What's the long term plans for the 141s, and magic buses in general? I was told these Tridents were only going to be used for the next 12-16 months hence why they haven't bothered converting them. So the question is what's replacing them?
(19/09/2014 18:29)Mayneway Wrote:  I was informed by a senior employee at Stagecoach at the end of August that the centre doors would remain but wouldn't be used at all, yet I've since been told by a couple of drivers that they can be used. I have watched a couple of 141s alighting today and they all used the door at the front so it does look like their not using them.

What's the long term plans for the 141s, and magic buses in general? I was told these Tridents were only going to be used for the next 12-16 months hence why they haven't bothered converting them. So the question is what's replacing them?

Maybe after a year this lot will be converted & go onto the normal Magicbus work,with the older ALX400s being moved onto 141? either that or if passenger numbers don`t warrant double deckers they could replace them with single deckers?
Do the double door Tridents run 142/3 sometimes?
What are they sending 11 to Gleneagles for? Are the Spectra's still going? Sounds like they might be needing them.
With regards to the roadworks outside MRI on Oxford Road I am reliably informed by Stagecoach that all services should be back to normal route as of Sunday unless things change at last minute
Dual door magics are under no circumstances to be used on any service route other than 141.

Yes centre doors can be used, but some drivers prefer not to use them (the wheelchair ramp is located on the centre doors)
(20/09/2014 14:22)R971XVM Wrote:  Dual door magics are under no circumstances to be used on any service route other than 141.

Dual door 17452 was on 143's today.

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)