Current time: 05/05/2024, 10:54 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
Heard a few Enviro200's rumbling past my house today and assumed it's AZ using them on 231's but just been very surprised to spot one heading towards Ashton on a 169. Was not quick enough to get fleet number or reg but does anyone know which Enviro200's HE are using and why?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(13/09/2014 16:32)Mayneway Wrote:  Heard a few Enviro200's rumbling past my house today and assumed it's AZ using them on 231's but just been very surprised to spot one heading towards Ashton on a 169. Was not quick enough to get fleet number or reg but does anyone know which Enviro200's HE are using and why?

he have 2 of the old st 59 plate Enviro200`s 36095/6 mx59 jao/jau

i think it was 36095 as i saw it on 169 infront of my 231 at 530pm along newmarket rd
(13/09/2014 21:03)james Wrote:  he have 2 of the old st 59 plate Enviro200`s 36095/6 mx59 jao/jau

i think it was 36095 as i saw it on 169 infront of my 231 at 530pm along newmarket rd

Yeah that fits in with the time I spotted it. Managed to get hold of my pal who informs me the two Enviro200's are permanent at HE and are direct replacements for the MANs that were allocated their but are no longer suitable for tenders. I'm guessing though that their appearence on 168/169's today was down to the Metrolink work with Stagecoach doing some of the work?
(31/08/2014 18:09)mbonwick Wrote:  The first time round, Stagecoach bought all their vehicles for London.

However, during Macquarie ownership, the newer vehicles were sold and leased back in a bid to reduce cost. It is these vehicles that Stagecoach could buy back, as has happened in the case of 18210-20. Anything before 03 plates was always owned outright. Most vehicles bought by Macquarie are also leased.

The retention of centre doors is not to do with lease commitments (they're owned), but time constraints.

I can believe this. Some 17700 Tridents may be a case in point, as these were returned off lease (to Caetano Leasing IIRC) in early 2010 when routes 48 and 56 received new Scania OmniCity deckers.

(09/09/2014 09:33)Dentonian Wrote:  Note that the registration for this route has yet to appear on VOSA as accepted, and the PVR will not enough to warrant 18 buses. And a gentle reminder (as its a new location), the new campus replacing Didsbury and Gaskell is called Birley Fields.

On a seperate note, all 21 E20Ds are now confirmed in service at Stockport, but no sign of the MMCs for Sharston being registered or completed yet.

I have seen some not just on familiar Enviro200 routes 11/11a but also routes 314, 317, 374 and off-peak routes 322/27. Conversely, route 325 has mainly returned to MAN operation. I have seen MAN 22132 still in service this week, on route 22 for example.

Talking of route 22, I have seen some E40Hs off route 192 as well as E40Ds on this route on Saturdays recently. They tend to be just E40Hs on Sundays but MANs on Mon-Fri.

(09/09/2014 20:01)Dentonian Wrote:  36097-36108 inclusive are at Middleton, although '108 may only be on loan. For the same rea

141 is a normal registered service, so is open to the "public". I don't know why it was kept a secret until late August, but MMU were closely involved with it. They are "part funding" it, and I understand are discounting student fares, even beyond normal MagicBus rates. As is usual with MMU (in contrast to UoM & CMHT) there is no financial incentive for staff to use the bus.

The service is clearly aimed at Students getting from Halls of Residence to the new site. Piccadilly is served by the 86, which is high frequency, but has lost business to Metrolink in recent months, so spare capacity is likely to exist. Similarly, there is no need for Evening, weekend, Night or Holiday 141s. The Halls of Residence haven't changed, so 142/3 and all the other Oxford Road services will continue to cater for Students travelling to Rusholme or the city centre.

With Middleton having gained 12 E20Ds from Stockport, I suppose they must have ousted some ex-JPT stock. Does anyone know what they have replaced?
(13/09/2014 21:34)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I can believe this. Some 17700 Tridents may be a case in point, as these were returned off lease (to Caetano Leasing IIRC) in early 2010 when routes 48 and 56 received new Scania OmniCity deckers.

I have seen some not just on familiar Enviro200 routes 11/11a but also routes 314, 317, 374 and off-peak routes 322/27. Conversely, route 325 has mainly returned to MAN operation. I have seen MAN 22132 still in service this week, on route 22 for example.

Talking of route 22, I have seen some E40Hs off route 192 as well as E40Ds on this route on Saturdays recently. They tend to be just E40Hs on Sundays but MANs on Mon-Fri.

With Middleton having gained 12 E20Ds from Stockport, I suppose they must have ousted some ex-JPT stock. Does anyone know what they have replaced?

The Enviro200's have mainly replaced the older S and T reg MANs at Middleton although the JPT Wright bodied Volvo, along with the Olympian and president deckers have also been withdrawn and are stored at Hyde Road with only the Primo's and Enviro's remaining in service.
(13/09/2014 22:15)Mayneway Wrote:  The Enviro200's have mainly replaced the older S and T reg MANs at Middleton although the JPT Wright bodied Volvo, along with the Olympian and president deckers have also been withdrawn and are stored at Hyde Road with only the Primo's and Enviro's remaining in service.

This suggests there are not many ex-JPT buses left in service there. I reckon just 15-20 modern single-deckers really
JPT vehicle wise I reckon there's only 5 - the 2 Enviro300s and 3 Primos - still in service.
(13/09/2014 22:23)mbonwick Wrote:  JPT vehicle wise I reckon there's only 5 - the 2 Enviro300s and 3 Primos - still in service.

I'm told that the Primo's at Hyde Road are being worked on though unlike the other ex JPT stock which is just being stored.
Hardly surprising so little has remained in service though cobsidering the overall condition etc, and I know they were a a favourite of many enthusiasts but I'm very glad the two H reg Olympians have finally been retired.
Another reason for the Enviro200 on 168/169s yesterday could be the fact that 3 of HE's ex London highbridge ALX400s were up at Middlebrook on Matchbus duties
As an aside I was in Skye last week - brilliant weather - and saw several originally Manchester Volvo B10M?Alexander still giving sterling service a long time after they left Manchester. Among them were 20947 in Fort William, 20925 and 20957 in Inverness and 20920/22/26 and 20946 in Portree. Rode 20946 on the Portree local 54 - definitely a rattler but still with a useful turn of acceleration and speed.

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)