Current time: 03/05/2024, 06:34 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
I believe Sharston do one of the 294 workings.

John
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(06/08/2014 14:17)stait.john@hotmail.co.uk Wrote:  I believe Sharston do one of the 294 workings.

John

Just out of interest, what would be the logic of Sharston, or indeed Hyde Road doing a route like that ? There must be a lot of dead milage and time involved in running empty to Langley.
(07/08/2014 06:48)Owl Wrote:  Just out of interest, what would be the logic of Sharston, or indeed Hyde Road doing a route like that ? There must be a lot of dead milage and time involved in running empty to Langley.

I'm not too certain regarding the workings of the 294 but odd journeys are normally run by other depots as they will interwork with other services, often schools etc.
There's normally some logic in what seems like unlogical workings Smile
I noticed 16798 on layover at Shudehill about 1630 on Friday and heard 19198 was wailing a lot.

Does anyone know how long left there is to get the older vehicles at Middleton?
Stagecoach have posted their August service changes on their website. Confirmation that Stagecoach will take over the evening service on the 53 from First, while losing the 276 to Go Goodwins.

Some journeys on service 191 are extended to run to/from Hazel Grove, while services 23/23A, 42, 179, 370 and X5 will be re-routed on arrival into Stockport bus station via Heaton Road and Mersey Square.

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/tis-service...px?id=2808
(09/08/2014 18:54)Dentonian Wrote:  19198 is a Newcastle bus. Presumably, you mean either 19098 or 19199 both on loan to Hyde Road

I think it could've been 19189 if it is in Manchester.
(11/08/2014 20:30)Dentonian Wrote:  Could be. Its actually an Ashton bus, so slightly less likely to be loaned to Middleton.....unless a MN bus broke down in Picc, and it was nicked of a 216.

It was on 219, I was referring to Olympians & earlier S/T reg MAN's when I mentioned Middleton.
(11/08/2014 20:49)Dentonian Wrote:  Ahhhhh! Very likely 19189 then, as Ashton are (still) covering about a third of 219 workings. Not sure why, and not up to Stagecoach's normal standards given that it is promoted as a Hybrid route.

Apparently (unless you know different), AZ arnt covering 219 journeys there actually permanently being run by AZ and around 8 extra drivers have been recruited at AZ with the extra work.
Now this morning I actually counted 3 AZ vehicles in a row pull onto the 219 stand, load then pull off, the fourth was then a HE Hybrid so could AZ be actually working more than a third of journeys? Possibly while the summer timetable is in effect. They have certainly more recently taken over some late evening journeys.
Seen a few '50' branded buses on routes 256 and I am sure I saw one on the 78 the other day.
Considering all these misallocations from HE Depot I wonder whether a Hybrid Enviro 400 has ever appeared on 38s as I can' see why not as Stockport Depot seems to send theirs up regularly on 22s

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)