Current time: 19/04/2024, 16:32 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(31/07/2014 18:57)Dentonian Wrote:  And they say a week's a long time in politics. Only three days ago, another thread was claiming Stagecoach were publicly stating they would pull out of Chester in two years if they didn't increase profits. Now they are supposed to be declaring designs on an Operator which - forgive me if I am wrong - operates mostly contracted services in sparely populated North Wales and Cheshire. It seems to me that some people are still living in the 1990s and don't realise that the CMA stick their oar in every proposed take over by a "big" company, irrelevant of the reasons behind the deal or the share of the *local* market.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but wasn't it Chester that was making profit under First ownership with Rockferry being the loss maker! and would they really be risking losing more money on new or reborn routes such as the X8, you have to ask where these rumours are coming from and how true they actually are!

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(31/07/2014 19:51)Sminky Wrote:  None of the big groups would touch GHA as they're basically an operation based on contracts at low cost with barely any commercial network. What is there to purchase? Their acquisition of new vehicles has gone very stale of late and now the local authorities have less money to slosh around that is unlikely to change.

I couldn't agree with you more, and plus I'd think that SC would try and get services from Arriva, if SC ever got the 3/4/X44/X55 services then Arriva would just pull out of Chester, only having the 84 and 11/11A/11G/11F/X11, run from Winsford and Rhyl. If that was to happen then SC will be making big profits which may mean that they'll invest in Chester, with either brand new vehicles or having Stagecoach Gold/Goldline service's
Its not in anybodys interests to have only one bus company in Chester , least of all the tendering authorities who would be paying higher prices for tenders , thats why the likes of GHA and Avon are there to redress the balance , commercial work for them is to just give themselves some balanced work.
Stagecoach I am sure have no interest in actually paying money for GHA because really why would they? First made a royal mess of Chester and Wirral but regardless of that there were some commercial routes there which were potentially very strong indeed and we are seeing this now.

GHA would bring the same fleet-related issues to Stagecoach that First did, that being that a fair proportion needs replacing ASAP, but none of the positives in the form of solid commercial work.

Let's not forget that this is the firm which registers what was a tender that they lost as commercial just to spite the new operator. Under Stagecoach's cost model I doubt many of GHA's contracted services would stand up.
Also dont forget Stagecoach may now be subject to Competiton Comission rulings if they do try to obtain any more operators in this area , so pushing operators around till they move on of there own accord maybe there best option if they want to expand there sphere.
A41 Liverpool Road, Backford Closure

Due to carriageway resurfacing works to be carried out by Cheshire West and Chester Borough Council the A41 at Backford will be closed from 4th August for a period of 5 days.

The work will take place overnight between 7.00pm and 07.00am.

The closure will come into force on Monday 4 August 2014 and will be in force for a maximum of five days. It is anticipated that the work will last for approximately five days.

As a result of this closure Service 1 will be diverted as follows:

To Chester: From Strawberry Roundabout – Turn Around Roundabout – Shotwick Helsby By Pass – M53 South – A56 – A41 Long Lane – Heath Road

From Chester: Heath Road – A41 Long Lane – A56 – M53 North – Shotwick Helsby by Pass

We apologise in advance for any inconvenience caused to customers.

Services Affected: 1
Service 1 Diversion

Monday 11th August 2014 for 2 weeks

Please note the following temporary road closure to enable Cheshire West and Chester Borough Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing works. The works are due to commence on Monday 11 August 2014 and are expected to last for two weeks.

A5116 Liverpool Road – Northbound from Countess Way Roundabout to Countess Hospital Entrance This is a night time closure (8pm-6am) of the northbound carriageway only.

Services between 20:00-06:00 will be diverted via Brook Lane, Plas Newton Lane, Wealstone Lane.

We apologise for any inconvenience in advance

Services Affected: 1
29882 was noted in the body shop today, I wonder if they will be painting it white in there...
LX51FNE broke down in The Groves in chester this afternoon. 2nd time this has broke down in as many days. Starter motor knackered on it so had to knock a bus off. Chester has 4 sightseeing buses however LX51FLR hasn't entered service yet for one bizarre reason. On arrival at chester depot it came with no paper work so the bus is VOR until VOSA get new paper work for it. I work on the boats on the river and I saw the RNW tow 17502 up souters lane which for anyone whos not familiar with the open top tour route it is narrow. very narrow.

Follow me on Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/people/135528304@N03/
(02/08/2014 16:50)Shaun821 Wrote:  29882 was noted in the body shop today, I wonder if they will be painting it white in there...

It's there to be painted into rolling ball livery Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)