Current time: 27/04/2024, 17:59 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
Probably will stay especially as GL are getting mylleniums, you will probably get 2344 and maybe a few more darts. No doubt we will found out shortly. That said, 2344 & 2345 can't have that much longer left.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
They join 2346/2349 & 2350 which are already here.
Maybe you will lose all those V-Platers then, and get some GL X-ANC's as replacements. Oh you lucky people !!!!
(16/07/2014 07:13)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Probably will stay especially as GL are getting mylleniums, you will probably get 2344 and maybe a few more darts. No doubt we will found out shortly. That said, 2344 & 2345 can't have that much longer left.
2344 has been NFS in Green Lane for a while now due to a mechanical issue!

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(16/07/2014 09:19)KU02 YUH Wrote:  2344 has been NFS in Green Lane for a while now due to a mechanical issue!

Obviously didn't know that, so we could probably assume that one has had its day and is going to make its trip across the moors shortly.
(16/07/2014 08:21)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Maybe you will lose all those V-Platers then, and get some GL X-ANC's as replacements. Oh you lucky people !!!!

I know it's being hopeful but I hope if they do this that they put the seats from the V Plates into the X-ANC's - would make life little more comfortable on the longer routes.
(16/07/2014 11:11)St Helens Rider Wrote:  I know it's being hopeful but I hope if they do this that they put the seats from the V Plates into the X-ANC's - would make life little more comfortable on the longer routes.

HA HA, hopeful mate, more wishful thinking, they could have done that when the P-MBU's R-ABA's and the like departed. That would help on these darts but not a chance is there, more chance of finding Shergar, Lord Lucan and Elvis alive than them doing that.
I must be the only person who is a fan of urban 90's Laugh
I prefer seats to be firm like the X reg Stagecoach Flolines or the fantasia seating than something limp like what the renowns have and the stagecoach liberators had. (St Helens' 27** batch aren't too bad because they re-fitted new bases and the current aren't the original unlike GL and SP)
Try a 50 minute journey sat in an Urban 90 then might not be as keen. Although they are more comfortable on the !X ANC's than they were in the early years (1068 springs to mind - ouch!).
(16/07/2014 13:05)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Try a 50 minute journey sat in an Urban 90 then might not be as keen. Although they are more comfortable on the !X ANC's than they were in the early years (1068 springs to mind - ouch!).

I've done the whole 6 on them many of times and I've always liked them, maybe it's because I often sit somewhat slouched? I do agree though! I've previously had to get off preserved Merseybus 1055 because I couldn't stand the seats, I've never been on anything since like them!

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)