Current time: 06/05/2024, 15:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
I think you will find that St Helens depot because it was part of the Merseybus (Arriva Merseyside) garages when they took them over the depot rates are different because of that .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
All arriva merseyside depots are on the same rate of pay being £11.16 an hour and time an quarter on weekends the only thing that differs are each garage as there own local agreements that include delayed time payments etc , manchester depots are on slightly less as thinking its between £9-£10 an hour and school units are less than that as think there roughly round the £8 an hour mark.
Stagecoach Gillmoss is around £9.50, but Manchester for them is higher.
Stagecoach Gilmoss is £9.95 an hour. The Chester depot starts at £7.90 an hour rising to around £9. Stagecoach Sharston starts at £10 rising to £10.60. Arriva Runcorn, St Helens and the Liverpool depots start at about £9.95 rising to just over £11 an hour.

Arriva conditions, pay, hours are far better than Stagecoach and it's the only company to be fair I would choose to go to over the big 3.
School Drivers wage is £8.67 and before anyone says that's naughty that is payed 52 weeks a year,In other words im off for 6 weeks end of next week on pay so its really good
^^^^^

How much a week do you get then for that?
Coming back to 10/10A decker discussion - I caught the 10A both ways today in order to get to Burscough for the MTT Open Day and on both journeys, the buses were full and standing on the Old Swan - City Centre section. I was especially surprised with the inbound journey coming through Old Swan around 0930 this morning. This evening leaving the City Centre, I boarded at Victoria Street (having left Merseyrail at Moorfields). We had to pass stops due to the fact we were full up.

Not been a good effort considering all this last week there has been no trains between St Helens and Liverpool, no extra capacity has been provided. I do recall when Manchester Metrolink had engineering works on the Altrincham line few years ago, the parallel 263 was converted to Deckers for that period. Merseytravel has known about these works for a good 9 months, so would have been an idea if they would have warned both Arriva & Stagecoach in advance so that extra capacity could have been provided.

My experiences today definitely point to the fact that Deckers are needed.
My first encounter this morning with 2345 since it's arrival - what a rattle box. Another shed for JS.
(15/07/2014 07:09)St Helens Rider Wrote:  My first encounter this morning with 2345 since it's arrival - what a rattle box. Another shed for JS.

Its your problem now lol.

My Fleet:
780 - Alexander Dennis Enviro200 - MX12 DYU - ACE Travel
4488 - Wright Gemini 2 - CX61 CDY - Arriva Crymu Coastliner
27717 - Alexander Dennis Enviro300 - PO11 BCV - Stagecoach M,side
4510 - Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 Hybrid - MX13 AEM - Arriva B,Head
5001 - Caetano City Gold Hydro - MX62 KSZ - Arriva Runcorn
189 - Mercedes Benz Sprinter City 45 - BF62 JZU - HTL
3055 - Wright Pulsar 2 - MX13 ANR - Arriva Green Lane

It may not be as 2345 is just a replacement loan bus so that 3068 could return to green lane but no doubt it will end up staying.

User(s) browsing this thread: 33 Guest(s)