Current time: 26/04/2024, 13:27 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
Any news on how the new 38A route is doing. I saw it on Its first day yesterday and a few trips looked to have a decent load.

View my flickr http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/104753198@N08/ my flickr account.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
This is the interim timetable with regards the 38A the proper one will be seen from the 29th June when the Avon journeys disappear when the 86 and 87 get cutback to West Kirby.

Quite clearly Stagecoach was looking at Impera's loading of services between Moreton and West Kirby and also probably thought Saughall Massie was took much of a traffic objective to miss out on.

During The Open this service will probably have to have a decent allocation of double deckers.
If anyone is interested then 34811 has been spotted on chesters park and ride duties this morning
14166 has been fitted with roller blinds

I am no longer active on this forum.
An 04 trident is on the 38 today. Seen leaving WK Station aprox 11am
Trident LX51 FML (17491) was rather unusually operating service 53 today.

Photo - https://www.flickr.com/photos/yk53gxo/14288087400/
Also noted is that YK53 GXP (21254) has now been fitted with LEDs.

Photo - https://www.flickr.com/photos/yk53gxo/14292620049/
Is there a reason Stagecoach don't serve New Brighton and Wallasey and why Arriva don't serve Hoylake?

View my flickr http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/104753198@N08/ my flickr account.
(25/06/2014 23:09)WAITING FOR THE 437 Wrote:  Is there a reason Stagecoach don't serve New Brighton and Wallasey and why Arriva don't serve Hoylake?

Years ago GTL used to run the 432 (and the 433 I think) and then when Stagecoach took over they dropped them as Arriva were doing better. Some years ago First ran a 32 and a 33 and it was a total farce, it must of lasted about six months. And with regards to Hoylake, I wouldn't say there are many passengers around the area so Arriva wouldn't waste money. My mum used to use the 38 a lot to Meols and Hoylake and in truth not many people go to and from Hoylake from what I can see. Many people who live there use the train.

Daniel Christopher.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
There is an interesting paragraph in this years Wrexham Council Financial report:
WCBC Wrote:The Council entered into a twelve year contract with First Group in June 2002 for the provision of school transport. The agreement involved the operation of ten yellow American style school buses (purchase cost £819k) at a cost of £1,900 per day (plus inflation). The Council has been unable to obtain detailed information from the contractor (now Stagecoach) to make an assessment as to whether the contract contains the substance of a lease and which would therefore result in the the vehicles and corresponding liability being included on the Council’s Balance Sheet.
Interesting to get a cost figure for the Bluebirds and even more interesting that they do not appear to know if its Wrexham Council or Stagecoach who actually own them.

Wrexham Transport (Flickr)

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)