Current time: 06/05/2024, 22:54 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

North West Vehicle Restoration Trust (NWVRT)
RE: North West Vehicle Restoration Trust (NWVRT)
I had an excellent day on route 80B today, and for a worthy cause too!

Blog post: http://www.thenorthwestbusblog.co.uk/201...g-day.html

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
It was a fantastic day. Well done to all involved. Hope plenty of money was raised for the charity.

SD.
Find all posts by this user
Didn't unfortunately make it for the 80B running day waited at the bus stop in maghull for over two hours for the 210 to Liverpool but nothing turned up.
** Image resized - too large. Mod. **

[Image: nwvrt%20running%20day%20ad%202014.jpg]

Not long to this years big day on Sunday 1st June 2014

NWVRT Website Wrote:Annual Running and Open Day - Sunday 1st June 2014
Join us at our 3rd Annual Running Day at our base in Charleywood Road, Kirkby. This promises to be our biggest and best running day so far, so come along and be a part of it! Whether you would like to bring a vehicle, or just come along and enjoy the variety of vehicles, stalls and routes that the day will have to offer, everyone is welcome. Based around our storage facility, where there will be a number of trade stalls and vehicles on display (both resident and visiting vehicles), there will be a number of routes operating from outside the main entrance. They will operate to different locations around the local area, allowing stops for pictures along the way, an Event Guide will be available for £3.00 which will include timetables for all our free bus services.

As if all this wasn't enough, there will be a special unveiling around the middle of the day of one (or maybe more!) of our freshly restored resident vehicles, where visitors will be given an exclusive chance to photograph the vehicle before it hits the rally scene. Shortly after, there will be an exclusive photo trip with a special theme featuring at least 2 of our vehicles. Stay tuned to find out more...
Throughout the day, our dedicated volunteers will be seen around the event, both in our base and on buses operating our free routes, collecting donations. As a charity, we rely heavily on these types of events to help with the upkeep of our vehicles and also our premises. It allows us to continue our fantastic work preserving our transport heritage for future generations, and allows us to promote our good work by visiting other events around the country.

So, just to re-cap, we have vehicles on display (both visiting and resident vehicles), free services operating, trade stalls as well as exclusive vehicle launches and photo trips for all who are visitors; what more can you ask for! Come and join us and witness for yourself the work which we are doing at one the most dedicated and exciting preservation groups in the country.
For anyone who would like to bring along a stall or a visiting vehicle, you will be made more than welcome by our friendly officials. All we ask that you fill out the relevant form that can be downloaded at the bottom of the page, fill it in then email it or send it to the address on the relevant form so we know to expect you on the day. We also appreciate any extra publicity that will help our event become better known, so you can also download the event poster to display where ever you see fit.
** Trim large quotes please as per forum guidelines. Thanks - Mod. **

Sunday 1st June 2014 is only 2 days away
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Will there still be a service to/from Prescot and if so, any heads up on what time the first bus is from Prescot. I will buy a programme once there but if I can just get a rough idea of when the first journey is from Prescot to Kirkby, I would be grateful.
(29/05/2014 21:08)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Will there still be a service to/from Prescot and if so, any heads up on what time the first bus is from Prescot. I will buy a programme once there but if I can just get a rough idea of when the first journey is from Prescot to Kirkby, I would be grateful.

I was informed the first 90 from Prescot would be 10:40 Smile Fingers crossed it is as I should be on it!

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
(30/05/2014 20:28)V671 DVU Wrote:  I was informed the first 90 from Prescot would be 10:40 Smile Fingers crossed it is as I should be on it!

Cheers for that mate, i'll be there as well.
Abacus Training will be at the event tii with one of their training buses, Caetano Dart RN52 ERV all being well!

If anyone with a car driving licence who really is interested in a bus driving career please see us as we have a special discount on training on the day with a guaranteed bus driving job at HTL for all those who pass the course.

Please pop in and see us tomorrow if you are interested!

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Is there a shuttle from Kirkby station?

User(s) browsing this thread: