Current time: 24/04/2024, 20:40 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

North West Vehicle Restoration Trust (NWVRT)
North West Vehicle Restoration Trust (NWVRT)
Any news on NWVRT goes here
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: North West Vehicle Restoration Trust (NWVRT)
Hi All,
I have just seen 2122 hanging around Speke Hall any Idea's?
(02/06/2012 12:01)P450 SWX Wrote:  Hi All,
I have just seen 2122 hanging around Speke Hall any Idea's?

Afaik its being used for some form of private occasion, had banners up on it the other day.

I am no longer active on this forum.
It was on a private hire as you said Luke. All back home tucked up safe and sound now
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Yeah I saw it this morning in Old Swan. Looks very smart indeed Smile
After a shuffle round today of the main shed buses requiring mechanical attention were moved down into the main working area.
Leyland Comet KMN519 was moved from its storage area for the first time running off its own fuel tank after some time. More work will be taking place on her to allow her to become roadworthy again. Lovely vehicle and a rare one at that as only 5 i think ever became buses
NWVRT is about to set off for its 2nd trip to Manchester Airport this weekend for the Aviation Societys Aviation and transport fair held at the runway viewing park
The buses were very well received by all who attended, getting plenty of attention off children and parents alike! We even managed to get a shot of our 3 vehicles yesterday next to RAF Nimrod. On Saturday, GM Buses 1466 H466 GVM made the trip along with Greater Manchester Transport 81 HNE 641N, both of which attracted much attention!
Yesterday was a more Merseyside themed day, with MTL North 0238 F238 YTJ, KHCT 718 M718 KRH and Merseybus 2122 CUL 122V, all of which performed faultlessly!
The next 2 weeks will be spent getting all buses ready for our next rally appearance!
Whilst I was there on Saturday, 1466 in particular gained a lot of attention, probably because it was the double decker and they are always popular with kids. A few people (including a couple of 15/16 year old girls who were really quite interested!) were surprised with how young 1466 actually is.
This weekend will see a varied selection of our vehicles head over to Southport to operate free bus services for all those attending the re-located Woodvale Rally.
A Park and Ride will be operating between the rally site at Victoria Park and Birkdale Golf Club, where there is ample space to park your car and treat yourself to a ride on one of our superbly restored vehicles!
We will also be operating a free service to Southport Rail station, linking the rally site with Merseyrail trains that directly serve Hunts Cross, Liverpool South Parkway, Liverpool City Centre, and Bootle, and National Rail trains that serve Wigan and Manchester. It also links with buses operating to Lord Street, a short walk from the station.
So why not pay a visit to the event and see some of the attractions and entertainment the venue has to offer, or even just come along and have a ride on some of the finest vehicles the preservation scene has to offer!
We hope to see you all there!

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)