Current time: 04/05/2024, 18:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
Some people don't believe me but I'm sure 19001 had a slightly different interior compared to the rest of the Enviro 400s for example the panels immediately below the windows was a lighter blue compared to the darker blue the rest had and I'm sure there were some other slight differences as well
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(22/05/2014 15:53)M60lad Wrote:  Some people don't believe me but I'm sure 19001 had a slightly different interior compared to the rest of the Enviro 400s for example the panels immediately below the windows was a lighter blue compared to the darker blue the rest had and I'm sure there were some other slight differences as well

yep the panels were matte dark blue
Is it just me or do Stockport depot HAVE to have the best of everything just because its either newer modernl or unique, like this new order of E20D's to replace x reg MANs, swapping their tridents for 56-reg enviros and the 06 reg MANs no one else got any and not forgetting the MAN engines Enviro400s and the solos they swapped with MN for why did they need those? Because no one else in Manchester has them? Its as if they must have to have the most modern fleet in Manchester and take buses from other depots that they don't even need like the solo swap? I cant be the only one that thinks this! It seems to be that the solo swap happened just because they were different from the others i mean the solos they sent were 07 regs hardly too old for 11 regs and swapping tridents just they want something newer so they pretty much just take the good stuff just to be the best depot?
(23/05/2014 15:08)acocker96 Wrote:  Is it just me or do Stockport depot HAVE to have the best of everything just because its either newer modernl or unique, like this new order of E20D's to replace x reg MANs, swapping their tridents for 56-reg enviros and the 06 reg MANs no one else got any and not forgetting the MAN engines Enviro400s and the solos they swapped with MN for why did they need those? Because no one else in Manchester has them? Its as if they must have to have the most modern fleet in Manchester and take buses from other depots that they don't even need like the solo swap? I cant be the only one that thinks this! It seems to be that the solo swap happened just because they were different from the others i mean the solos they sent were 07 regs hardly too old for 11 regs and swapping tridents just they want something newer so they pretty much just take the good stuff just to be the best depot?

Every company has to have it's favourite depot. With First it is Oldham and Bolton, and with Stagecoach it is Stockport. Just look at the legal address - Stagecoach Manchester, Daw Bank, Stockport.
Nothing to do with 'favourite' depot - Stockport makes money, so gets new vehicles.

The MAN Enviro400s aren't anything special - they were a trial as part of the 2009/10 order; ST would have had Enviro400s of some description no matter what.
The E20Ds on order this year are to replace the X reg MAN ALX300s - remember that they are not DDA compliant and so need to be removed from service before the end of the year.

Finally, they didn't 'swap' Tridents for Enviro400s - it was possible to remove the Tridents as Enviro400s were spare, however since then the PVR has increased and the ALX400s have been required back in service with other depots.
(23/05/2014 15:46)mbonwick Wrote:  Nothing to do with 'favourite' depot - Stockport makes money, so gets new vehicles.

The MAN Enviro400s aren't anything special - they were a trial as part of the 2009/10 order; ST would have had Enviro400s of some description no matter what.
The E20Ds on order this year are to replace the X reg MAN ALX300s - remember that they are not DDA compliant and so need to be removed from service before the end of the year.

Finally, they didn't 'swap' Tridents for Enviro400s - it was possible to remove the Tridents as Enviro400s were spare, however since then the PVR has increased and the ALX400s have been required back in service with other depots.
but that still doesn't explain the solos? They already had newish solos the 07's they didn't need the bluebird ones
(23/05/2014 15:57)acocker96 Wrote:  but that still doesn't explain the solos? They already had newish solos the 07's they didn't need the bluebird ones

Stockport depot is generally the one that needs smaller buses.
(23/05/2014 16:00)Dentonian Wrote:  Surely, all depots make money - its a basic requirement of the 1985 Transport Act. FTR, Whilst the legal address is Daw Bank, the de facto HQ is Hyde Road. Not that that means the pride of the fleet passes their window - albeit 17245 was on an all day 201/3 working today, and probably more comfortable tham my bus home (19394) on which I felt every pot hole. But to illustrate the point, both these buses are Daw Bank rejects (lol).

Middleton has kind of replaced Ashton as the "dump all your old s**t here depot" although the buses from Middleton are better than the 56-reg Enviro400s.
(23/05/2014 16:00)Dentonian Wrote:  Surely, all depots make money - its a basic requirement of the 1985 Transport Act. FTR, Whilst the legal address is Daw Bank, the de facto HQ is Hyde Road. Not that that means the pride of the fleet passes their window - albeit 17245 was on an all day 201/3 working today, and probably more comfortable tham my bus home (19394) on which I felt every pot hole. But to illustrate the point, both these buses are Daw Bank rejects (lol).

Stockport will be the biggest money earner of the depots.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(23/05/2014 16:04)joe_alker Wrote:  Middleton has kind of replaced Ashton as the "dump all your old s**t here depot" although the buses from Middleton are better than the 56-reg Enviro400s.
speaking of Middleton are they going to get any Enviro400's in the near future or from the batch due later this year?

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)