Current time: 05/05/2024, 10:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(02/05/2014 23:09)mbonwick Wrote:  I meant what I said - the ex-Stephensons Leylands that JPT owned.

A backwards step it may seem, but I suspect its only until the B7TLs are made fit for service.

Unbelievable out of 41 vehicles acquired the first two to be used by Stagecoach are a pair of H Reg Olympians.
I don't think H155 saw service with JPT only 159 did.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(02/05/2014 23:36)Mayneway Wrote:  Unbelievable out of 41 vehicles acquired the first two to be used by Stagecoach are a pair of H Reg Olympians.
I don't think H155 saw service with JPT only 159 did.

That is utterly ridiculous
(02/05/2014 23:44)37554BY Wrote:  That is utterly ridiculous

It does suggest Stagecoach are struggling vehicle wise if they are prepared to use vehicles of this age in service given the general age limit of thier fleet.
I'm wondering if they will just be used on schools which isn't too bad having said that all JPT schools are tenders and the Olympians are well over the age limit.
Middleton Depot's 19083 was out on late 88/89s last night, spotted heading into Manchester on Oldham Road at about 20:55, seems to be getting about at the moment as earlier this week it was on daytime 80s
Any company would do the same by putting some of the ex veichles back on the road as a temporary arrangement as there in a company with better maintinance procedures which could reduce the amount of break downs as you cant just draft in upto 40 veichles over night as they have to look at whats becoming available to replace ex JPT stock.
(03/05/2014 07:36)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Any company would do the same by putting some of the ex veichles back on the road as a temporary arrangement as there in a company with better maintinance procedures which could reduce the amount of break downs as you cant just draft in upto 40 veichles over night as they have to look at whats becoming available to replace ex JPT stock.

I'm not disputing that and clearly the Olympians are in better nick than the rest of the inherited fleet, I just think it would have made more sense to get the Enviro's road worthy and have them out on the road.
I'm quite sure the Enviros are being sorted, but things take time. You've got to remember that the B7TLs which JPT had in service have been described by Stagecoach staff as "barely raodworthy, if that..."

On facebook, a Manchester driver has expressed surprise at the amount of parts that have had to be removed from the enbiros to try and start fixing them...
(03/05/2014 09:17)mbonwick Wrote:  I'm quite sure the Enviros are being sorted, but things take time. You've got to remember that the B7TLs which JPT had in service have been described by Stagecoach staff as "barely raodworthy, if that..."

On facebook, a Manchester driver has expressed surprise at the amount of parts that have had to be removed from the enbiros to try and start fixing them...

Hardly surprising considering the botch up jobs that had been performed on some of their vehicles. I think some of them require a miracle.

Anyone know what's happening with the Primo's? I've seen a couple of photos of them parked up behind Hyde road?

Are the two Olympians out in service today do we know?
According to a fleet list I am looking at JPT have 7 Volvo B7TL buses but how many of these are left? I am aware the fleetlist is probably outdated.

Its surprising that the reserve fleet doesn't have newer buses than H reg Olympians. Maybe Stagecoach could get some old buses shipped in from Merseyside or Yorkshire?

I am guessing the H reg Olympians are not in Stagecoach colours.
(03/05/2014 10:48)Polo Mint Wrote:  According to a fleet list I am looking at JPT have 7 Volvo B7TL buses but how many of these are left? I am aware the fleetlist is probably outdated.

Its surprising that the reserve fleet doesn't have newer buses than H reg Olympians. Maybe Stagecoach could get some old buses shipped in from Merseyside or Yorkshire?

I am guessing the H reg Olympians are not in Stagecoach colours.

The Olympians haven't come from the reserve fleet. I think the oldest vehicles in the reserve fleet are certain S reg MANs - off the top of my head.

H159 is in Stephensons white and green, I presume the JPT fleetnames have been removed and Stagecoach ones added to the vehicle along with fleetnumbers. I presume H155 is in a similar if not the same livery.

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)