Current time: 17/09/2024, 14:27 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

JPT Bus Company
RE: JPT Bus Company
if u read stagecoach website again it say we are working behind the scenes to make JP Travel part of Stagecoach Manchester so they are buying them out by looks of it
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
to be fair,hopefully OfFT Have learnt there lesson after Barnstaple,i can see a similer thing happening with JPT

Barnstaple: refered to OfFT,ended up the deal falling through,First still leaving & Stagecoach still taking on there Network
JPT: If its Refered to OfFT,Ends up being blocked or Deal falling through,Stagecoach will still pick up there services (ok maybe lose a couple of the tenderd ones) & it still ends up Stagecoach on JPTs Services.They might as well allow it as they dont have anything to lose!
(26/04/2014 19:56)Harryn9000 Wrote:  if u read stagecoach website again it say we are working behind the scenes to make JP Travel part of Stagecoach Manchester so they are buying them out by looks of it

That could be just clever wording on Stagecoach's part, but given that the announcement was only made on Friday I think things should become clearer in the next few days.
(26/04/2014 19:02)Owl Wrote:  I am still not quite sure how Stagecoach have managed it without attracting the attention of the various regulators, but if they have they need to be congratulated.

Quite simple really. JPT cancels its services, and surrender its operator licence. Stagecoach then registers JPT services under they own licence, which is then viewed by the authorities as Stagecoach just expanding its current network of services.
(27/04/2014 13:09)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  Quite simple really. JPT cancels its services, and surrender its operator licence. Stagecoach then registers JPT services under they own licence, which is then viewed by the authorities as Stagecoach just expanding its current network of services.

That's plausable with the 118 but the rest are tendered services, and JPT has to inform TFGM of thier intention to cancel contracted services so they can be re tendered to other operators, it's not for JPT or any operator to just give up tendered services and hand them out to other operators like handing sweets to a child.
According to a another site Stagecoach have only got the tenders for 3 months so technically come July they could end up with nothing except the 118 and 156.
Now I could be wrong here, but if Stagecoach had acquired JPT ( as has been rumoured) then the tenders would have continued until the end of each individual contract ( the schools I'm told are normal 3 year tenders).
Stagecoach could of told tfgm there intentions and rather than them running round to organise emergency tenders stagecoach can operate them until they put them out for new tenders so there is no one left with out a service which is a win situation all round on a temporary basis.
(27/04/2014 14:54)Mayneway Wrote:  That's plausable with the 118 but the rest are tendered services, and JPT has to inform TFGM of thier intention to cancel contracted services so they can be re tendered to other operators, it's not for JPT or any operator to just give up tendered services and hand them out to other operators like handing sweets to a child.
According to a another site Stagecoach have only got the tenders for 3 months so technically come July they could end up with nothing except the 118 and 156.
Now I could be wrong here, but if Stagecoach had acquired JPT ( as has been rumoured) then the tenders would have continued until the end of each individual contract ( the schools I'm told are normal 3 year tenders).

It could just be the terms of the contract novation. TfGM have a legal duty to make sure they're getting value for money, so a retender after 3 months seems like a sensible course of action.
(27/04/2014 15:58)mbonwick Wrote:  It could just be the terms of the contract novation. TfGM have a legal duty to make sure they're getting value for money, so a retender after 3 months seems like a sensible course of action.

Interesting article in Route One, which suggests that Stagecoach have acquired 41 vehicles frpm JPT, as well as the routes and drivers, and that the deal is too small to require OFT approval, although Stagecoach do expect them to review the transaction, "as it is standard procedure". Not sure what that means - could OFT overturn it?

http://www.route-one.net/issues/536/index.html#/12/

Also what would Stagecoach want with the vehicles? Most of them are heaps of junk held together with duct tape. They must have better in reserve I would have thought.

One final thought, I wonder if the TC will be taking an interest in the management of JPT given the way that things happened.
Just been past jpg depot theres 5 buses left and one just about to be towed away
(30/04/2014 11:55)Owl Wrote:  Interesting article in Route One, which suggests that Stagecoach have acquired 41 vehicles frpm JPT, as well as the routes and drivers, and that the deal is too small to require OFT approval, although Stagecoach do expect them to review the transaction, "as it is standard procedure". Not sure what that means - could OFT overturn it?

http://www.route-one.net/issues/536/index.html#/12/

Also what would Stagecoach want with the vehicles? Most of them are heaps of junk held together with duct tape. They must have better in reserve I would have thought.

One final thought, I wonder if the TC will be taking an interest in the management of JPT given the way that things happened.

According to another forum expect an impending Public Inquiry into the repute of certain senior figures within the company.
If what's been written is true then it's Somebody the TC knows very well Wink

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)