Current time: 19/04/2024, 22:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(19/04/2014 20:12)126th street Wrote:  They had a B10BLE in Chester today which I thought was unusual for a QP route. That said, the general contrast between what is now Stagecoach and what was First is unbelievable...

The B10BLE's are quite common on the 1 & 2 most days that schools are on holidays and weekends as it keeps the batteries charged.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I am not doubting what you say, but if that's correct it's a rather flimsy excuse (to say the least) for running them on what is a QP route. Or maybe they don't have a boost pack at Rock Ferry...
Find all posts by this user
(20/04/2014 08:04)126th street Wrote:  I am not doubting what you say, but if that's correct it's a rather flimsy excuse (to say the least) for running them on what is a QP route. Or maybe they don't have a boost pack at Rock Ferry...

They put them out on 1s when other buses are unavailable rather than to keep them charged, Rock Ferry do use a boost pack. Management prefer not to have them out as they are scruffy however rather than lose service they use the Volvos when the usual buses are VOR. They are all to be repainted in the coming months, 21116 was done last summer but never ventures onto normal routes.

I am no longer active on this forum.
In case I venture onto the Wirral when I come to Liverpool in May, I wonder whether many ex-First single-deckers have been reupholstered with Stagecoach moquette? I gather most have been repainted at least. I plan to ride route 38 which Flickr suggests uses modern Stagecoach Enviro200s.
(20/04/2014 18:35)Metroline1511 Wrote:  In case I venture onto the Wirral when I come to Liverpool in May, I wonder whether many ex-First single-deckers have been reupholstered with Stagecoach moquette? I gather most have been repainted at least. I plan to ride route 38 which Flickr suggests uses modern Stagecoach Enviro200s.

The majority of the Volvo b7rles have been reupholstered bar 2 I think, 1solar (28545) and 3 of the 4 L94UB Axcess flolines

Just had a quick look on the VOSA website and it showed that the 1/2 will have minor timetable adjustments soon, but the 41/42 shows timetable and route adjustments and a new license for a route 41A. Could this mean an extension to somewhere else or that there wasn't a big market for the extension to/from Arrowe Park?...
Only Arrowe Park Hospital or Croft Retail Park spring to mind as possible alterations , dont forget that the 38 has recently been extended to the Croft Retail Park.

One possible problem with using the Croft Retail Park though is it reduces services down New Chester Road From Croft Avenue to Port Causeway to the 1 / 2 /418 and 286(Sat).

But its game of wait and see until the information is firmed to know what the alteration maybe .
Chesters ADL Enviro200 PO62 MKA (36808) on the 1 today.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
21117 is in for repaint.

PC1033334/185 - GLENVALE TRANSPORT LTD T/A STAGECOACH MERSEYSIDE, GILMOSS DEPOT, EAST LANCASHIRE RD, GILLMOSS, LIVERPOOL, L11 0BB
Variation Accepted: Operating between New Ferry and West Kirby given service number 38/38A effective from 15-Jun-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

Well the extension didn't last long

Follow me on flickr

User(s) browsing this thread: