Current time: 17/09/2024, 14:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

JPT Bus Company
RE: JPT Bus Company
(17/04/2014 03:23)jimbo Wrote:  Ths only way the firm will last longer than a year is if they have been bought out; stagecoach were never going to play nicey nicey with them; they wanted them off the road; and with a buyout the best bet for the company would be a big boy like transdev, arriva or go ahead buying them out; somebody with enough in the bank to keep funding them even at a loss for a whioe

Problem is wouldn't a buyout by a major firm require the agreement of the OFT? We know from the Finglands takeover that this clearance can take months to go through.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(17/04/2014 06:47)Owl Wrote:  Well they are certainly out this morning, I have just seen one of their vehicles on the 118.

If they are saved I hope they tidy up their act, as they have been on the slippery slope for a while now.

The plan was for them to operate as normal today and then cease trading once the last service had finished tonight, presumably they will now continue to run as normal.

Anyone know if their selling weekly tickets again? Drivers had been refusing to sell them over the last couple of days for obvious reasons.
Apparently they are running a very reduced service today; no doubt because half the drivers thought there was no point turning in...
(16/04/2014 11:49)R557 ABA Wrote:  Here's an interesting addition to the fleet taken today by 8860 Brian on Flickr, https://www.flickr.com/photos/70966383@N03/13892865084/
They are buying 23-year old Leylands and various other high-floor kit for front-line service and two or three weeks ago had an advert in Route One selling low-floor stuff. Clearly the writing has been on the wall for some time. Good riddance, the industry doesn't need outfits like this.
(17/04/2014 15:48)jimbo Wrote:  Apparently they are running a very reduced service today; no doubt because half the drivers thought there was no point turning in...

From what I've been told today they haven't exactly been saved.....yet anyway. They are apparently in discussion with TFGM and a possible investor about saving the company and continuing to operate the tendered services.
Now by the sound of it that means if they do survive they will only run on tendered services and not the commercial services but again this isn't confirmed.

I seem to remember on the day Speedwell ceased there was crunch talks between the owner and TFGM about them being rescued but nothing came of it.

Not surprised there running a reduced service today, I guess drivers are worried about working for another week and not getting paid, promises don't pay the bills and there still seems to be a lot of uncertanty over the future of JPT.
(17/04/2014 15:48)jimbo Wrote:  Apparently they are running a very reduced service today; no doubt because half the drivers thought there was no point turning in...
Perfectly understandable, given that if it is the end for JPT then (a)they won't have a job after today, and (b)they may well not be paid for either this or last week's work.
(17/04/2014 16:27)126th street Wrote:  Perfectly understandable, given that if it is the end for JPT then (a)they won't have a job after today, and (b)they may well not be paid for either this or last week's work.

Understandable if JPT rescued that those employees tht failed to turn-up are not kept-on?
(17/04/2014 20:01)DVL418 Wrote:  Understandable if JPT rescued that those employees tht failed to turn-up are not kept-on?

I don't think the drivers can be blaimed. It's a horrible situation to be in when you know your working on a sinking ship. They get flack from passengers and they worry they won't get paid at the end of the week. It's not a good position to be in.
From TfGM on Twitter: We have contacted JP Travel in relation to these rumours & have been advised that services will continue to operate as normal.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Some comments which stand to be potentially libellous have been removed. Especially considering R557's last post, I'd ask anybody posting to be very mindful of how their comments come across on a public forum which can be viewed by companies, passengers and staff as well as enthusiasts.

It's worth adding that whilst we've seen no confirmation that services ran on a reduced basis today solely due to drivers not turning up, it's unfair to blame any of them for doing so.

Thanks.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)