Current time: 06/05/2024, 15:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
Trucks are here ready to move the stored tram to where ever its going too and should be gone shortly.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(10/04/2014 20:12)90020 Wrote:  It's my understanding that St Helens will be getting some more deckers (rumour is brand new or cast offs from Speke) for exclusive use on the 10s! About time too!

This is a rumour I'm really struggling to believe, as much as I'd love it to be true. With the approximately 20 Enviro400s due this summer for Speke to replace just over 21 ELC Myllennium single deckers, there won't be any decker cast-offs. Unless this order proves to be much larger, there won't be any deckers freed in the near future. Of course, even if the B7TLs were released from Speke, with their Euro III engines, they're surely getting too dated in terms of emissions to be used on the QBP 10 corridor.

The fact remains though that this is arguably Merseyside's most overcrowded bus route. When I lived in Kensington, buses would leave completely full at all times of the day, including in the late evenings. I would have upgraded this route ahead of the 79: deckers have been desperately needed for years and the Pulsar order for it was simply inadequate. Let's hope better capacity buses are provided in the near future.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
Rumour as it they will get brand new deckers but will just have to wait and see.
Just been told by a sthelens driver 19 new deckers due for 10/10a
(10/04/2014 22:41)sth77 Wrote:  As has been reported previously 2692 is now in new livery, unfortunately the W on the front has also been painted like the ex-Wales ones at Bootle. In my opinion it does not look right. It would look a lot nicer with the W painted silver.
Seen this today on 10s and agree - it really doesn't look like it's been painted well when you look at it closely!

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I seen it as well, wasn't close to it though as was on 3061 on going the other way on 10B.
(11/04/2014 15:42)507009 Wrote:  This is a rumour I'm really struggling to believe, as much as I'd love it to be true. With the approximately 20 Enviro400s due this summer for Speke to replace just over 21 ELC Myllennium single deckers, there won't be any decker cast-offs. Unless this order proves to be much larger, there won't be any deckers freed in the near future. Of course, even if the B7TLs were released from Speke, with their Euro III engines, they're surely getting too dated in terms of emissions to be used on the QBP 10 corridor.

The plan at Speke is for Enviro 400's for service 86/86A
The ALX400's will then be placed onto the 81/A to replace mylleniums, which would go to Green Lane to replace the X reg 22-- series darts.

No other buses will be leaving Speke currently, bar the two renowns when they become life-expired.
All I can say is I have heard the rumours about new deckers for St Helens. As Motormayhem says - best to just wait & see. Would be good to see it happen but nothing confirmed as yet.
Even if it was true i doubt it will be until next year now will it? Given this years orders have already been ordered and accounted for and financed etc
He also said some solos or going to wales mod replacements apparently

User(s) browsing this thread: 34 Guest(s)