Current time: 01/05/2024, 23:31 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(19/03/2014 16:12)joe_alker Wrote:  Does this mean that for example, an Enviro400 in Ashton eg 19101, could display a destination for Stagecoach Cumbria 78 Keswick? Interesting...

Not quite but as Jonsey3001 has said every Manchester and Wigan destination will be on every Manchester vehicle so an Ashton Enviro400 will have say Middleton depot destinations on so it makes it easier if a vehicle is transferred to another depot within the group or if it's needed to cover a journey ect.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(19/03/2014 18:10)Mayneway Wrote:  Not quite but as Jonsey3001 has said every Manchester and Wigan destination will be on every Manchester vehicle so an Ashton Enviro400 will have say Middleton depot destinations on so it makes it easier if a vehicle is transferred to another depot within the group or if it's needed to cover a journey ect.

Taking of Enviro400 one heading towards Manchester tonight on 112 at 18.45
(19/03/2014 21:08)rod_259 Wrote:  Taking of Enviro400 one heading towards Manchester tonight on 112 at 18.45

19080 has been working from Middleton since Monday.
(19/03/2014 14:27)Mayneway Wrote:  It might seem pointless but it makes life a lot easier to have all the group destinations programmed into all the buses in the group so it means when a bus switches depots or works a service run from another depot the destination is there ready to be used
It has been known for Hyde Road and Sharston vehicles to fill in on Megabus workings hence why that destination is also programmed in.

If anything blaim should be pointed at the driver for selecting the wrong destination.

Makes sense now, thanks.

[Image: tumblr_mxlljfQAtc1se7of4o1_500.png]
Jack
It seems a number of 56 reg's from Ashton are on the move to Stockport. 19082,19084 and 19086 have already been reported there with more to follow. I think they may be replacing the Tridents.
I have received notification, that one of the spectras has received Magic Bus livery, as a replacement for the ex Mayne Trident (18288), which was wrote-off last month.

Can anybody confirm this, please ?
According the Oldham Advertiser, Limeside Road will be closed due to refurbishment of speedhumps, meaning that the 76 will have to be diverted. Does anyone know what the diversion will be as I think it could be down Elm Road turn around at the bottom of Lime Green road and down Hollins Road to Mersey Road North to rejoin Roman Road and the reverse going back towards Oldham.
(20/03/2014 20:00)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  I have received notification, that one of the spectras has received Magic Bus livery, as a replacement for the ex Mayne Trident (18288), which was wrote-off last month.

Can anybody confirm this, please ?

Has 18288 defiantly been written off then?? I know there has been uncertanty over its future since the crash but I didn't think the damage was that bad.
Apparently both Spectra's are now in Magicbus livery from what I got told from a contact of mine earlier.

Also the 3 Olympians at Middleton Depot have been repainted blue with Stagecoach names/transfers on them and are set to go into storage at Charles Street with Tridents replacing them on Schools and Football duties and 2 Enviro 400s replacing the Tridents on normal services
(20/03/2014 22:16)M60lad Wrote:  Apparently both Spectra's are now in Magicbus livery from what I got told from a contact of mine earlier.

Also the 3 Olympians at Middleton Depot have been repainted blue with Stagecoach names/transfers on them and are set to go into storage at Charles Street with Tridents replacing them on Schools and Football duties and 2 Enviro 400s replacing the Tridents on normal services
Its still the paint they got from the Magic Bus livery they've just had the Magic Bus names and the wizard removed from the sides.

User(s) browsing this thread: 35 Guest(s)