Current time: 03/05/2024, 06:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(16/03/2014 21:37)ace Wrote:  I think the most likely explanation for the increase in standard Enviro400's on the 197 and 219, along with still a few on the 50, is that the hybrids are being spread around other routes to see how they will cope, as in future years, Stagecoach will be applying for further Green Bus Funding and they will have to give some assurance that the routes they say are suitable for the hybrids.
There is some kind of heavy modification programme underway for a reasonable number of Stagecoach's E400Hs which could be affecting availability.

Operators have to provide very detailed reports to the DfT on hybrid bus performance so they need to run them where they've told the DfT they were going to.

It remains to be seen whether the Green Bus Fund will come back for more so there's no guarantee of more for Manchester...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(18/03/2014 06:59)M60lad Wrote:  I was in and around Stockport on Saturday afternoon and spotted at least 4 Enviro 400s out and about on 11/11A services in place of the usual Enviro 200s and another duty was being covered as usual these days with a ALX300 MAN.

As for the X5 a couple of weeks ago I spotted a decker on X5s so it does happen more regular than you think
Yes there was one on the final journey ex Sale this evening.
There was a Enviro 300 displaying Megabus with lights on running round Wigan before baring in mind theres no Megabus routes id thought id post this just to confirm they have them as destinations.

Also a 51 Plater was on 600 Lates.

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
(19/03/2014 01:06)SLTRegular Wrote:  There was a Enviro 300 displaying Megabus with lights on running round Wigan before baring in mind theres no Megabus routes id thought id post this just to confirm they have them as destinations.

Also a 51 Plater was on 600 Lates.

This has been brought up before on the Stagecoach thread and I seem to remember all vehicles having Megabus programmed onto the display.
Nothing special, First drivers put 796 or summet up for Dangerous Corner: just a bit of fun :-)
(19/03/2014 01:12)Mayneway Wrote:  This has been brought up before on the Stagecoach thread and I seem to remember all vehicles having Megabus programmed onto the display.

I brought it up last time, it does seem rather pointless

[Image: tumblr_mxlljfQAtc1se7of4o1_500.png]
Jack
Not when you thinj that, they only need one file for the destination board programmer
(19/03/2014 13:15)MX05 CKN Wrote:  I brought it up last time, it does seem rather pointless

It might seem pointless but it makes life a lot easier to have all the group destinations programmed into all the buses in the group so it means when a bus switches depots or works a service run from another depot the destination is there ready to be used
It has been known for Hyde Road and Sharston vehicles to fill in on Megabus workings hence why that destination is also programmed in.

If anything blaim should be pointed at the driver for selecting the wrong destination.
(19/03/2014 14:27)Mayneway Wrote:  It might seem pointless but it makes life a lot easier to have all the group destinations programmed into all the buses in the group so it means when a bus switches depots or works a service run from another depot the destination is there ready to be used
It has been known for Hyde Road and Sharston vehicles to fill in on Megabus workings hence why that destination is also programmed in.

If anything blame should be pointed at the driver for selecting the wrong destination.

Does this mean that for example, an Enviro400 in Ashton eg 19101, could display a destination for Stagecoach Cumbria 78 Keswick? Interesting...
No, just the Manchester areas that stagecoach operate in, all the depots have the same programmes.

When 16793 was transferred up-to Morecambe i found this(click on link);
https://flic.kr/p/gCxmX9

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonesy3001/

If it's not in london they dont want to know

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)