Current time: 07/05/2024, 10:37 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(16/02/2014 19:10)VolvoB10M Wrote:  That would be massive! The D10A has an output of 245 bhp (9.6L), so a 22L engine would give out approximately 561.5 bhp, going off the scale of the D10A.
Very good point unless I misheard and he said 12
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Did it have a Volvo engine or Cummins L10?
I'm not sure which engine it was but it sounded the same as Palatine Bodied Olympians. That raises another question why do the Alexander-bodied Volvos sound a lot less harsh than Palatine-bodied Olympians?
It depends what engine/gearbox combination they have.
(16/02/2014 19:33)VolvoB10M Wrote:  It depends what engine/gearbox combination they have.
Its the same with the STG Enviro400 (10042-10051) and the FGM Enviro400 both batches are E5 but they sound different the FGM don't sound like normal Enviro400's do when they accelerate is there a particular reason?
I haven't noticed with Enviro400's, 195xx are the newest Stagecoach examples I have been on. I think it might just be minor differences between batches of vehicles made to improve reliability during construction.
There's a whole multitude of options available on Enviro400s, and that's before operators start tinkering with the ECU setup to meet their particular needs.

Not surprising that First and SC Enviro400s sound different - for example, First like to turn fuel injection down to lower emissions at the expense of some performance.
If you where to tinker with the ECU and turn fuel injection right up would it end up smoking like a TL11 on a cold morning but with grey smoke?
I think what acocker96 is getting at is why they sound different gear-ratio wise.

acocker, buses tend to have different transmission sets (gearboxes) dependant on the operator. For example, Stagecoach use Voith solely on all new purchases, whereas First use ZF. Both are subject to vehicle type and what is suitable, i.e the new Wright Streetlites first have recently bought will not have a ZF transmission due to it not being an option by Wrightbus.

Stagecoach use a Voith transmission though on their Enviro400s, while First use a ZF 'Ecolife' transmission on theirs. Both make the buses sound totally different from each other. Smile

Hope this helps, and hope I'm on the right lines for you Smile

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
First's Enviro400's (SN12 batch) are Voith.

User(s) browsing this thread: 27 Guest(s)