Current time: 06/05/2024, 11:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
W613 RND on 76
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14:08 598 from Wigan missed out Belle Green lane estate due to a collision on Belle Green Lane. Driver had no choice but to turn back onto Manchester road missing after wait ten minutes but the drivers of the cars involved were too busy arguing to move their vehicles.

Considering the damage was very minor, they were being rather pathetic

[Image: tumblr_mxlljfQAtc1se7of4o1_500.png]
Jack
Does anyone know when the Oldham Road bridge over the railway line is being closed, and for definite what diversion route is being taken?
(13/02/2014 17:22)joe_alker Wrote:  Does anyone know when the Oldham Road bridge over the railway line is being closed, and for definite what diversion route is being taken?

Roadworks start on the 1st March and will finish at the end of July. The bridge won't be closed for the entire time traffic coming away from Ashton will be able to use the bridge at times.

The diversion is up Willshaw Lane then down Henrieta street into Ashton the back way. I'm guessing it will add around 10 minutes to journey times so it's going to be a grim few months.
(13/02/2014 17:50)Mayneway Wrote:  
(13/02/2014 17:22)joe_alker Wrote:  Does anyone know when the Oldham Road bridge over the railway line is being closed, and for definite what diversion route is being taken?

Roadworks start on the 1st March and will finish at the end of July. The bridge won't be closed for the entire time traffic coming away from Ashton will be able to use the bridge at times.

The diversion is up Willshaw Lane then down Henrieta street into Ashton the back way. I'm guessing it will add around 10 minutes to journey times so it's going to be a grim few months.

Thanks for the info. It does bring the 168/9, 409/419 quite close to school though, so it could be quite helpful.
I noticed 3 Enviro 400's on 142/143 routes today, I hope the Spectra hasn't been withdrawn.
(13/02/2014 18:42)VolvoB10M Wrote:  I noticed 3 Enviro 400's on 142/143 routes today, I hope the Spectra hasn't been withdrawn.
I was waiting for the 76 to Oldham at around 3.20 PM and 17631 turned up, you'd think if there having to put Enviro400's on the 142/3 that a Magic bus Dennis Trident would be on the 142/3 rathe than the 76! Anybody got a reason why there was a magic bus on the 76?
(12/02/2014 20:55)ace Wrote:  Absolute chaos in Manchester City Centre tonight. The Piccadilly bus station was completely gridlocked. Buses were queuing down all aisles of the bus station and were waiting over half an hour just to get to the lights leading to Portman Street. I'm guessing the wind played no small part, and maybe extra traffic in the City Centre because of the football that was supposed to be on at the Etihad and later called off, but I believe there was a serious accident on Wilmslow Road as well, so I wonder if that contributed.

Got caught in the chaos last night around 6pm, trying to get into Manchester on the 255. Huge line of buses on Portland Street and also into Piccadilly Gardens. The 255 I was on ended up blocking the exit from Piccadilly Gardens, which meant buses couldn't get out and buses couldn't get in because there were too many. It took some re-adjusting of buses inside Piccadilly Gardens to clear up the queue.
(13/02/2014 20:26)SF07 Wrote:  
(12/02/2014 20:55)ace Wrote:  Absolute chaos in Manchester City Centre tonight. The Piccadilly bus station was completely gridlocked. Buses were queuing down all aisles of the bus station and were waiting over half an hour just to get to the lights leading to Portman Street. I'm guessing the wind played no small part, and maybe extra traffic in the City Centre because of the football that was supposed to be on at the Etihad and later called off, but I believe there was a serious accident on Wilmslow Road as well, so I wonder if that contributed.

Got caught in the chaos last night around 6pm, trying to get into Manchester on the 255. Huge line of buses on Portland Street and also into Piccadilly Gardens. The 255 I was on ended up blocking the exit from Piccadilly Gardens, which meant buses couldn't get out and buses couldn't get in because there were too many. It took some re-adjusting of buses inside Piccadilly Gardens to clear up the queue.
I'd got on the 111, which took a good while before it managed to get to the stop to pick us up as an X57 was blocking its path. I was trying to get to the Holy Name Church for 6pm. I got on the bus at about 5.20pm, and at 6pm we were still trying to get to the lights so I was late. I decided not to bother in the end and got off the bus at the first stop on Portland Street. I then walked back through Piccadilly in the pouring rain, caught a 203 and went home.
19064/6/7/8 were being collected today, for transfer to Stagecoach East Scotland.

User(s) browsing this thread: 20 Guest(s)