Current time: 24/04/2024, 13:21 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
Its currently at Queens Road
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(28/06/2012 23:45)SLTRegular Wrote:  How is R571YNC? i remember when Wigan had that and R577SBA as depot pets and where treated like Royalty by the depot. (by first standards...)

It sounded fairly 'ill' let's say when I got on it last year on 27/8/2012 on the 26! It had slipping gears going on and it was rather slow..they might have fixed it by now though! :P
This week's Passenger Transport magazine (not online) says that
Wigan, Chester, Birkenhead, Northampton, Redditch, Kidderminster and
Somerset are for sale.

Very interesting.
i would be surpirsed if someone did buy first wigan myself bu you know know

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(29/06/2012 14:54)bolton bus basher Wrote:  i would be surpirsed if someone did buy first wigan myself bu you know know

When you think of it they do have a fairly small allocation, with 24 of the 117 being TfGM school buses. There has been no real investment in vehicles and the average age minus the school fleet is 12 years with the newest being the 10 B9s from 2007. Be intersting to see what does happen if anything at all.
adding onto that i just got a text of my driver friend and he said that one of the wigan drivers said last week it was up

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
(29/06/2012 15:15)bolton bus basher Wrote:  adding onto that i just got a text of my driver friend and he said that one of the wigan drivers said last week it was up

There has been no mention of Wigan depot being up for sale! Its just rumours that are spread everytime there are pay talks! The latest offer was rejected and there will now be a postal ballot for strike action!
The employee director was at Wigan today and told everyone that Bolton and Oldham are each getting 50 new buses after the olympics and wigan are getting volvo,s to replace the dart slf(scrapped) and the opturds that are going to chester/birkenhead!
Just a question I hope someone can answer for me - I was wondering what engine the N94UA's have exactly, and what transmission? Also can anyone name the type of seats the P---LND's, R---SBA's and ML02 O--'s have as standard? I hope someone can tell me, it's just that I'm making up a very high-detail fleetlist and don't want to leave it with bits missing... Smile
I see that First group have confirmed a breach of confidentiality in how this news came into the public eye. Not such a rumor, because they have said the majority of there uk bus operation gives good returns. Key word is majority there, but of course they haven't said its not true. Just no more coments until they've spoken to the employess it may affect.
will be intressting, if it turns out to be not true i would expect it started as a depot roumor that went to far

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)