Current time: 19/04/2024, 06:49 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(28/06/2012 08:46)WWH44L Wrote:  The message below was on the First Group Fans site yesterday. I've read reports that some are for Rock Ferry but it looks like the whole lot are coming over. Do we know what these are replacing?

"Currently earmarked for transfer to First Greater Manchester are 32440 - 32465 from Leeds, and also 32531 - 32542 from Halifax.

7 from the Leeds batch to be sent next week, and the remainder to be sent in August."

I saw that report to, and the ones I rock ferry are for a partnership with Arriva in heswell apparently, so obviously they will need buses.

As for what they could replace here well let's talk step. Deckers at BY and arrows across the fleet maybe.?
Quote this message in a reply
(28/06/2012 10:16)Damien Wrote:  
(28/06/2012 08:46)WWH44L Wrote:  The message below was on the First Group Fans site yesterday. I've read reports that some are for Rock Ferry but it looks like the whole lot are coming over. Do we know what these are replacing?

"Currently earmarked for transfer to First Greater Manchester are 32440 - 32465 from Leeds, and also 32531 - 32542 from Halifax.

7 from the Leeds batch to be sent next week, and the remainder to be sent in August."

Ireland that report to, and the ones I rock ferry are for a partnership with Arriva in heswell apparently, so obviously they will need buses.

As for what they could replace here well let's talk step. Deckers at BY and arrows across the fleet maybe.?

I would have thought that the Arrows would be staying a bit longer, seeing as many of them are taxed until 2013 now. This happened with many of the O405s, they got taxed until the next year, then got withdrawn at First Manchester, with loads of them then going over to 'Rock Ferry'.
Find all posts by this user
(28/06/2012 10:25)thomasl1231 Wrote:  

Ireland that report to, and the ones I rock ferry are for a partnership with Arriva in heswell apparently, so obviously they will need buses.

I would have thought that the Arrows would be staying a bit longer, seeing as many of them are taxed until 2013 now. This happened with many of the O405s, they got taxed until the next year, then got withdrawn at First Manchester, with loads of them then going over to 'Rock Ferry'.

What your saying makes sense and I'd go with your point, but of course you can never tell. The first group seems to decide one thing one minute, then change the next, half the time it makes no sense except to them as a buisnessSmile

If they are coming then I can see the remaiming Arrows (hopefully!) and Olympians going (except the T reg ones at OM). They've then got to consider the Darts and Excels and it won't be long before some of the earlier B10BLEs will need replacing as some of these are now approcahing 15 years old. Infact the first 60361 (571) will be 15 years in August.
(28/06/2012 14:44)WWH44L Wrote:  
(28/06/2012 10:16)Damien Wrote:  Ireland that report to, and the ones I rock ferry are for a partnership with Arriva in heswell apparently, so obviously they will need buses.

If they are coming then I can see the remaiming Arrows (hopefully!) and Olympians going (except the T reg ones at OM). They've then got to consider the Darts and Excels and it won't be long before some of the earlier B10BLEs will need replacing as some of these are now approcahing 15 years old. Infact the first 60361 (571) will be 15 years in August.

Blimey, I remember that bus being new 15 years old in August I feel seriously old now lol. I think and agree with you, the t reg Olympians at OM as you say leave them out. But the rest of the Olympians and please god get them arrows gone. I think very much that as you say the darts and excels have been cracking buses, but age is creeping up on them. Espically some of the BN Vehicles are bone shakers lol
I've put together the weekday 12, 25, 26 timetable based on what's on Traveline:

.xls  12 25 26 - July 2012.xls (Size: 40 KB / Downloads: 14)
(27/06/2012 22:21)Damien Wrote:  
(27/06/2012 20:55)SF07 Wrote:  Travelling along the 36 into Bolton this afternoon, I noticed what looked like an Enviro400 parked up at Bolton depot in the new livery and 'shuttle' on the side. I'm assuming this will be used for the Olympics next month but will it be returning to Bolton or will it go somewhere else post-Olympics?

Also, saw a Dart running on the 512 this afternoon in Farnworth.

Meanwhile, Traveline's timetable search now includes dates upto 26 July, which has meant some of the changes planned for next month are included, while some haven't been updated yet.

With the 12/25 services, the timetables see the two services running a combined 30 minute frequency on the common sections of the routes (Leigh-Tyldesley and Swinton-Manchester). 12 will leave Leigh at xx00 and Piccadilly at xx24, while the 25 leaves Leigh at xx30 and Piccadilly at xx54. Journey between Leigh and Manchester takes 77 mins, with the Swinton-Manchester section taking 27 mins (12 mins to Pendleton, 15 mins from Pendleton to Manchester). First journey on the 26 will be at 7.05pm at either end. No new timetable yet for the X34.

93 and 94 timetables are up with the combined 15 mins service, although the 137/138 timetables still show, the 92 doesn't and the 149 shows the current timetable. 24 brings up nothing but 182 still running all the way down Broadway.

New 610 timetable is up and will run at xx00, xx20 and xx40 from Wigan and will have 4 mins waiting time at Marus Bridge on the return to Wigan.

lol you must have good eye sight to see into weston street depot off the 36 as it passes the bottam of weston street on bradford road. Didnt realise it was that visible. I know round there extremly well.

Dart was 40357

right mish mash on 512/513

in the last few days

All spotted on 512/513 routes

Unless they've moved it, you can see the bus parked up from Fairclough Street.

(28/06/2012 19:32)Nicholas Wrote:  I've put together the weekday 12, 25, 26 timetable based on what's on Traveline:

Good work putting it together. Certainly helps explain the changes. Although, the times on the last 25 journey from Leigh are wrong. Timed at Atherton at 6.40pm, Tyldesley 6.47pm, Boothstown at 6.59pm, Worsley at 7.06pm, Swinton at 7.15pm and Pendleton at 7.24pm. Leigh and Manchester times are correct.

There does seem to be a nice balance between the 12 and 25/26. Thought they might have re-timed the 26 journey from Leigh so they would have an even half-hour combined frequency with the 12.

Assuming that Bolton depot will run the 12 and 25, it is likely that the 26 will also go to Bolton depot with the 5.30pm 25 service from Leigh leaving Manchester as a 26 at 7.05pm.
(28/06/2012 20:29)SF07 Wrote:  Good work putting it together. Certainly helps explain the changes. Although, the times on the last 25 journey from Leigh are wrong. Timed at Atherton at 6.40pm, Tyldesley 6.47pm, Boothstown at 6.59pm, Worsley at 7.06pm, Swinton at 7.15pm and Pendleton at 7.24pm. Leigh and Manchester times are correct.

The pitfalls of quickly throwing it together! I assume the times are just for the summer as it is just asking for layover to be reduced in the morning.
34096 has had a full-sized 144x19 Hanover display fitted.

Service 17 suffered major delays this evening in Rochdale due to something going on at the junction near Tesco in Sudden.
How is R571YNC? i remember when Wigan had that and R577SBA as depot pets and where treated like Royalty by the depot. (by first standards...)

User(s) browsing this thread: 23 Guest(s)