Current time: 18/04/2024, 04:40 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(21/11/2013 18:27)SF07 Wrote:  B7RLEs out in force today on non-regular services in Oldham, as they were operating on services 59, 83, 184 and 409. Two Olympians out on the 58, both arriving at Oldham bus station at the same time in opposite directions. Another B9TL operating on the 184 to Huddersfield (1620 from Piccadilly).

Meanwhile, First will be introducing cheaper single fares on the 346 from Sunday. Interesting to see if Stagecoach response.

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/greater_...711&conf=0

This makes me laugh.
I carnt see cheaper fares making that much of a difference. It's the idiotic allocating that needs to change.
I've noticed the majority of people now wait for the Stagecoach 346. It's no contest really. A smart clean 2 year old low floor bus or a cold damp high floor shed (Arrow or Olympian).

It's about time these buses were restricted to schools.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(21/11/2013 19:30)Mayneway Wrote:  
(21/11/2013 18:27)SF07 Wrote:  B7RLEs out in force today on non-regular services in Oldham, as they were operating on services 59, 83, 184 and 409. Two Olympians out on the 58, both arriving at Oldham bus station at the same time in opposite directions. Another B9TL operating on the 184 to Huddersfield (1620 from Piccadilly).

Meanwhile, First will be introducing cheaper single fares on the 346 from Sunday. Interesting to see if Stagecoach response.

This makes me laugh.
I carnt see cheaper fares making that much of a difference. It's the idiotic allocating that needs to change.
I've noticed the majority of people now wait for the Stagecoach 346. It's no contest really. A smart clean 2 year old low floor bus or a cold damp high floor shed (Arrow or Olympian).

those olys are good buses
(21/11/2013 20:32)mic Wrote:  
(21/11/2013 19:30)Mayneway Wrote:  

This makes me laugh.

They are if your an enthusiast Mic.
If your an OAP with a shopping trolly, mum with a pram or have a disability your stuck as them steps can be tricky.
I wouldn't mind if Pioneer were short of buses but they have plenty of low floor vehicles. What's more I've been told by a driver that there is no reason to use the Arrow or Olympians on a Saturday yet there always out being used.
I vote with my feet and use Stagecoach!
I have to agree, using the Olympians and Arrow in service on Saturdays is pathetic to be honest, as much as they are good to the 'enthusiast', lets be honest, they're old technology and are seen as practically a museum piece managing to meander around on bus services that should by right be being plagued with new technology, as with Stagecoaches approach.

So no, the Olympians are not 'good' buses. :P

To be honest, I don't even particularly like them personally anyway, hahaha!

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
(21/11/2013 21:57)Mayneway Wrote:  
(21/11/2013 20:32)mic Wrote:  
(21/11/2013 19:30)Mayneway Wrote:  This makes me laugh.

They are if your an enthusiast Mic.
If your an OAP with a shopping trolly, mum with a pram or have a disability your stuck as them steps can be tricky.
I wouldn't mind if Pioneer were short of buses but they have plenty of low floor vehicles. What's more I've been told by a driver that there is no reason to use the Arrow or Olympians on a Saturday yet there always out being used.
I vote with my feet and use Stagecoach!

it would help if they where sent more low floor buses depots like Oldham have more then enough
(21/11/2013 22:37)P528LND Wrote:  I have to agree, using the Olympians and Arrow in service on Saturdays is pathetic to be honest, as much as they are good to the 'enthusiast', lets be honest, they're old technology and are seen as practically a museum piece managing to meander around on bus services that should by right be being plagued with new technology, as with Stagecoaches approach.

So no, the Olympians are not 'good' buses. :P

To be honest, I don't even particularly like them personally anyway, hahaha!

thats what you think i have been around a lot longer then you and have had this hobbie since 1990 the olys that use to run the 589/590 routes from Todmordon where brill buses they had power in them and this is why i go to the rallys to get rides on these sort of buses a friend of my father owns an oly A658 MWX
To be honest - I rarely see Arrows or Olympians on the 346 - they do tend to be restricted to more local services now.

But yes Pioneer really does need some new investment.
(22/11/2013 17:03)joe_alker Wrote:  To be honest - I rarely see Arrows or Olympians on the 346 - they do tend to be restricted to more local services now.

and i think 40403 is the last bus of its kind still in service not seen 40382 for ages and 40406 is still on loan at Oldham
(22/11/2013 17:41)mic Wrote:  
(22/11/2013 17:03)joe_alker Wrote:  To be honest - I rarely see Arrows or Olympians on the 346 - they do tend to be restricted to more local services now.

and i think 40403 is the last bus of its kind still in service not seen 40382 for ages and 40406 is still on loan at Oldham

40361/4 also still in service as well. 40382 has been withdrawn.
Seen a Marshall dart on the 387 bound for Hyde this evening, don't know which one though
(22/11/2013 18:29)Benzo Wrote:  
(22/11/2013 17:41)mic Wrote:  

40361/4 also still in service as well. 40382 has been withdrawn.
Seen a Marshall dart on the 387 bound for Hyde this evening, don't know which one though

thanks for update on the dart

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)