Current time: 19/04/2024, 09:23 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(17/11/2013 20:44)Polo Mint Wrote:  I reckon the single deckers are better off at Queens Rd with some new deckers for south Manchester services, and perhaps to upgrade some services like the 582.

Bolton already has a very modern fleet I think those B7s would be best served across Bury Manchester and Oldham maybe
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(17/11/2013 21:45)37554BY Wrote:  
(17/11/2013 20:44)Polo Mint Wrote:  I reckon the single deckers are better off at Queens Rd with some new deckers for south Manchester services, and perhaps to upgrade some services like the 582.

Bolton already has a very modern fleet I think those B7s would be best served across Bury Manchester and Oldham maybe

what Oldham more new buses i think Queens Road and Bury should have new ones
(18/11/2013 10:23)mic Wrote:  
(17/11/2013 21:45)37554BY Wrote:  

What new buses are we on about here?
The 13 plate B7RLEs that are now entering service are evenutally for Rusholme so are only extras at the other depots for a few weeks in the run up to Christmas. Or is more new stock due?
(18/11/2013 10:32)WWH44L Wrote:  
(17/11/2013 21:45)37554BY Wrote:  Bolton already has a very modern fleet I think those B7s would be best served across Bury Manchester and Oldham maybe

The 13 plate B7RLEs that are now entering service are evenutally for Rusholme so are only extras at the other depots for a few weeks in the run up to Christmas. Or is more new stock due?

those i am on about and also the streetlites if first ever decide to use them

i will keep a look out for 69574 said to be coming to pioneer
(18/11/2013 10:36)mic Wrote:  
(18/11/2013 10:23)mic Wrote:  what Oldham more new buses i think Queens Road and Bury should have new ones

69574 better had be coming to pioneer, can't say that depot has the most modern fleet in the country....... with oldest buses R-reg and newest buses (apart from GMPTE-owned Solos/Versas) 58-reg
(18/11/2013 16:27)joe_alker Wrote:  
(18/11/2013 10:36)mic Wrote:  
(18/11/2013 10:32)WWH44L Wrote:  What new buses are we on about here?

69574 better had be coming to pioneer, can't say that depot has the most modern fleet in the country....... with oldest buses R-reg and newest buses (apart from GMPTE-owned Solos/Versas) 58-reg

no sign of it today mind you me been on 37386 and it has got louder and now you can here a wierd nosie from the engine area
(17/11/2013 20:25)Mayneway Wrote:  409s seemed a little hectic today coming into Ashton bunched together in twos and threes. Three were waiting to alight/load when I got off my bus, all three held up by a Pioneer Solo that was blocking the stand. Two 409s left within minutes of each other the first one loaded then as it left the bus station went not in service, presumably only stopping to let passengers off. The second left the bus station empty but then went back onto a 409 at the traffic lights by ikea, the third left as normal in service completely empty Smile

Noticed there were delays on the 409. Saw one 409 in Oldham that was only heading to Thornham, as the driver said he was running late and was turning around there to get back on time.

Also a bit of a problem in Oldham town centre yesterday with buses trying to get from Mumps to Oldham bus station due to Oldham's Christmas lights switch-on, which meant Clegg Street couldn't be served (think also Greaves Street was blocked off), while Waterloo Street (an former alternative route) is now one-way in the opposite direction. Buses can't travel along the full length of Union Street now due to the Metrolink stop built, so this saw some buses heading into Oldham bus station via Union Street, Clegg Street, Ascroft Street (behind Job Centre), Peter Street, back onto Union Street, Union Street West, Manchester Street, West Street and St Mary's Way into the bus station.
Single fares have been reduced on the 582. The price range is now between £1 and £2.50 instead of between £1.50 and £4.

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/greater_...501&conf=0
69577/8 allocated at Qs

60269BY is being repainted
(17/11/2013 21:45)37554BY Wrote:  Bolton already has a very modern fleet I think those B7s would be best served across Bury Manchester and Oldham maybe

It has to be noted that these eclipse 2s are likely to be unsuitable on the wilmslow Road corridor due to limited capacity, ok it's a done deal, but sending them to Rusholme I think will in the end come back to bite.South Manchester is very busy and hectic, so I'd have thought first would have thought more about capacity than anything else

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)