Current time: 07/05/2024, 05:26 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(18/10/2013 21:42)jimbo Wrote:  Either way if this is true, stagecoach have f****d up royally, wrong reg on a vehicle and hundreds lf drivers... This coukd be very bad news

With regards to a bus carrying the wrong registration plate this mistake should be picked up on at a first user check where you to check the tax disc has the corresponding registration to that on the physical body of the bus however if the bus has had its bumper removed by engineering it is possible that engineering may by mistake put the wrong bumper on without checking again going by to the first user check the driver should spot the error and report it to engineering. The case of a bus going out into service with wrong reg is quite rare and is a mistake on the part of driver and engineering but it not a case of the whole of stagecoach Manchester messing up the whole fleet
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(18/10/2013 21:23)M60lad Wrote:  Stagecoach Manchester 16949 is now back at Middleton Depot was sighted yesterday on Oldham Academy North School Service.

Also I think it was 22126 with Stagecoach Wigan legals was on 19:20 11 Altrincham-Stockport tonight, there seems to be quite a few of these early MANs about at the moment either at Stockport or Ashton Depot

Thought 22126 went to Yorkshire a few years ago-last said to be in Barnsley.
12091 hybrid (ex Yorkshire) was operating the 197 yesterday evening & with Stagecoach Manchester, Daw Bank address on the side.

Which ones are on loan to Manchester? Did I read somewhere that some went in the opposite direction? Which ones were those?
12091 is a swap, not a loan. It has to display the correct legal address, that's a legal requirement.

12118 went the other way.
been told 20674 has been donated to moss gardens and had its engine removed
Had another glance at 19083, MX56 FUA At the rear which is the legal plate. And the front holds 19067's reg MX56 FSY
(19/10/2013 11:53)gilbert Wrote:  
(18/10/2013 21:23)M60lad Wrote:  Stagecoach Manchester 16949 is now back at Middleton Depot was sighted yesterday on Oldham Academy North School Service.

Also I think it was 22126 with Stagecoach Wigan legals was on 19:20 11 Altrincham-Stockport tonight, there seems to be quite a few of these early MANs about at the moment either at Stockport or Ashton Depot

I think M60lad probably meant 22136. Would make sense as that came back to Stockport a few weeks ago.
(19/10/2013 17:17)Benzo Wrote:  Had another glance at 19083, MX56 FUA At the rear which is the legal plate. And the front holds 19067's reg MX56 FSY

So the theory about someone putting the wrong bumper back on after engineering is probably true then. I doubt it'll be anything to worry about, just needs correcting when the engineers get round to it once the mistake is picked up.
Things like this have happened before. Just last year, Magic Bus X793JHG was carrying X739JHG for a couple of weeks.
(19/10/2013 14:43)YSV-205 Wrote:  12091 hybrid (ex Yorkshire) was operating the 197 yesterday evening & with Stagecoach Manchester, Daw Bank address on the side.

Which ones are on loan to Manchester? Did I read somewhere that some went in the opposite direction? Which ones were those?

As far as I know, 12091 is the only one to come to Manchester from Yorkshire, and 12118 is the only Hybrid that has gone the other way. I think the idea is to compare the differences between the different types in Yorkshire's environment, as they have had a few problems and they need to find out why things have gone wrong. It's a temporary swap, though I don't know how long for.
There are some Enviro400's that have gone to Yorkshire. This is to cover for the hybrids that broke down. I presume once it's all sorted they will one day return.
(19/10/2013 11:53)gilbert Wrote:  

The last I heard was 22126 is in storage at Chesterfield, back in August.

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)