Current time: 20/04/2024, 03:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
(08/10/2013 18:05)KU02 YUH Wrote:  The 311 was an absolute disgrace today - significantly-late journeys (one as a result of the driver leaving the bus in Skelmersdale Bus Station in-front of 40-ish waiting passengers and arriving back at exactly the time that he was due to leave, thus leaving late after everybody had boarded) and a journey missed-out this evening whilst 4419 was just sitting in Skelmersdale Bus Station... Official complaint sent-off!

Unfortunately theres been huge delays all day today because of roadworks and temporary traffic lights at Old Roan. Single lane traffic backing up for miles causing havoc on 300 311 345 and 350. I was on 300 before and took us half an hour between asda and the racecourse so probably explains why you were held up at skem.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Copy Lane was also closed so I imagine that didnt help either
(08/10/2013 19:20)N304CLV Wrote:  
(08/10/2013 18:05)KU02 YUH Wrote:  The 311 was an absolute disgrace today - significantly-late journeys (one as a result of the driver leaving the bus in Skelmersdale Bus Station in-front of 40-ish waiting passengers and arriving back at exactly the time that he was due to leave, thus leaving late after everybody had boarded) and a journey missed-out this evening whilst 4419 was just sitting in Skelmersdale Bus Station... Official complaint sent-off!
Unfortunately theres been huge delays all day today because of roadworks and temporary traffic lights at Old Roan. Single lane traffic backing up for miles causing havoc on 300 311 345 and 350. I was on 300 before and took us half an hour between asda and the racecourse so probably explains why you were held up at skem.
Well, I didn't know that - thanks! The Arriva North West Facebook page didn't feature any information regarding "official delays" on the route (and considering that a few 311s were running on-time...), so I didn't think that there were any significant delays as such! I still think that 4419 arriving and then just sitting there in the bus station whilst one 311 had been missed-out was questionable to say the least...

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Just had Pulsar 2 2943 on my 311 from Skelmersdale to Old Roan and its gearbox sounds like its days are numbered... As known, the 09-plated Pulsars tend to kick-down more than other types of Pulsars, however 2943 seemed to have been struggling to get through its gears as it was revving high and low over and over again whilst kicking-down - thus struggling to gain speed, especially on some of the hills en-route. I must say that I've noticed a lot of problems with Bootle's Pulsar fleet recently.

(09/10/2013 16:43)KU02 YUH Wrote:  Just had Pulsar 2 2943 on my 311 from Skelmersdale to Old Roan and its gearbox sounds like its days are numbered... As known, the 09-plated Pulsars tend to kick-down more than other types of Pulsars, however 2943 seemed to have been struggling to get through its gears as it was revving high and low over and over again whilst kicking-down - thus struggling to gain speed, especially on some of the hills en-route. I must say that I've noticed a lot of problems with Bootle's Pulsar fleet recently.

Most of the 2941-2947 Pulsars tend to hyper-rev. Think this may be due to them having particulate filters (they fit into a lower road tax bracket, and are LEZ-compliant).
The 3015-3022 Pulsars are also pretty slow, they too have lower road tax (£165 per year).

Regarding Copy Lane, United Utilities have found subsidence on the road, possibly due to underground water. They are now in the process of repairing the damage.
2241 appears to have been transferred to bootle seen it twice on the 350 today
I wonder if that is a replacement for 7667 that appears to have gone missing lately, just like 7633 has been missing for a good few months now.
(15/10/2013 14:19)MPTE1955 Wrote:  I wonder if that is a replacement for 7667 that appears to have gone missing lately, just like 7633 has been missing for a good few months now.
7675 is another one which seems to have gone missing recently. I'm thinking that 2910 and 2911 replaced two of those.

7662 is still here, though - it was on the 52/52A this morning!

(15/10/2013 14:19)MPTE1955 Wrote:  I wonder if that is a replacement for 7667 that appears to have gone missing lately, just like 7633 has been missing for a good few months now.

I must agree haven't seen 7667 too recently so could be a replacement for that but i think 7633 has been out from quite some time so is probably not a replacement for that
(15/10/2013 16:32)KU02 YUH Wrote:  
7675 is another one which seems to have gone missing recently. I'm thinking that 2910 and 2911 replaced two of those.

7662 is still here, though - it was on the 52/52A this morning!

7663 is still going out of the old coloured ones as well, 7675 was reported as being seen in Chester by somebody last week, whether anybody else has seen it I don't know.

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)