Current time: 02/05/2024, 00:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(11/10/2013 13:13)Mayneway Wrote:  Anyone know what Stagecoach's policy is on prams and buggys?

I've just been on an Enviro400 which already had 2 buggys on when I boarded. The driver then let a further 3 buggys on which completely blocked the isle and the stairs of the bus.
When I was getting off I had to literally climb over the front seat to get off and the driver was looking at me like I'd done something wrong.

Near the wheelchair space on the window there's a yellow sticker which states a maximum of 2 buggies or a wheelchair, which obviously has priority.

Every driver I've seen has refused to let more than two buggies on board at once. Everyone knows an Enviro400 only just has room for 2 buggies.

[Image: tumblr_mxlljfQAtc1se7of4o1_500.png]
Jack
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(11/10/2013 13:46)MX05 CKN Wrote:  
(11/10/2013 13:13)Mayneway Wrote:  Anyone know what Stagecoach's policy is on prams and buggys?

I've just been on an Enviro400 which already had 2 buggys on when I boarded. The driver then let a further 3 buggys on which completely blocked the isle and the stairs of the bus.
When I was getting off I had to literally climb over the front seat to get off and the driver was looking at me like I'd done something wrong.

Near the wheelchair space on the window there's a yellow sticker which states a maximum of 2 buggies or a wheelchair, which obviously has priority.

Every driver I've seen has refused to let more than two buggies on board at once. Everyone knows an Enviro400 only just has room for 2 buggies.

Thanks
That's why I asked as I thought it was two but wasn't sure.
(11/10/2013 14:49)Mayneway Wrote:  Thanks
That's why I asked as I thought it was two but wasn't sure.
Sorry if that sounded abrupt, by everyone, I meant the driver Smile he should've only allowed 2 on at a time.

Jack

There's common sense..................and there's common sense.
Was in Stockport on both Wednesday pm and this afternoon. There seemed a paucity of MAN's around on both days particularly Wednesday. The three 'reservists' however were well to the fore on both days. I've finally had my first ever ride on 22136 [on the 369]which sounded remarkably good all things considered. 22132 was on the 314[it was in Bolton on Tuesday afternoon] and 22130 on the 317.

I also saw 12204 on the 358 which was a tad surprising.

The policy is, buggies must be folded at busy times and children must sit in the normal seats. Yes they can use the space available if there is no wheelchair on board, but then it is (or should be) strictly only 2 allowed in the space.
To allow a further 3 when there are already 2 on is ridiculous and potentially dangerous.
(11/10/2013 16:22)ace Wrote:  

The policy is, buggies must be folded at busy times and children must sit in the normal seats. Yes they can use the space available if there is no wheelchair on board, but then it is (or should be) strictly only 2 allowed in the space.
To allow a further 3 when there are already 2 on is ridiculous and potentially dangerous.

The safety hazard was what worried me about it.

Jack
(11/10/2013 12:40)Scania3379man Wrote:  R.I.P wigan driver.

The bus with a door should be not quickly when the driver got out quick i think alexander dennis need think be careful and make slow when driver got out normal. that sad news for driver. I feel sorry for him.

The information i saw was on the newspaper is wigan evening news and show picture on wigan enviro300 with door open.

Thanks,

Martyn

Who says it was an adl vehicle and in my experience adl doors shut a little while after the closed button is pressed!
(11/10/2013 20:39)GmBusesNorth Wrote:  Who says it was an adl vehicle and in my experience adl doors shut a little while after the closed button is pressed!

Who cares what bus it was, it was still such a bad thing to have happened. Only the investigation will tell us what actually happened, like if there was an issue with the vehicle.

Such a shame for the Stagecoach in Wigan family to have lost someone.

Jack
22102 (still with stagecoach Wigan legals) on the 217 all day today

User(s) browsing this thread: 30 Guest(s)