Current time: 06/05/2024, 17:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
Its interesting that this topic has come up.
On Sunday I got into an argument with a Stagecoach Manchester driver.
For most of the journey he drove one handed with one hand either resting on the cab door or even more worryingly with a can of Red Bull in his hand. As I got up and walked to the front of the bus to get off at the next stop he continued to drive with his can of red bull in his hand, he even negotiated a sharp bend and a pedestrian crossing, without the can leaving his hand - and he was doing 20/30mph.
As I got off I asked him politely whether he would have passed his psv test with a can of red bull in his hand - he response was a torrent of abuse.

I've also recently been on a bus where the driver had a teenage admirer stood at the front of bus for much of the journey continually showing the driver photo's on her phone as he was driving!

I'm not saying all drivers are bad, 90% are great but driving standards at Stagecoach seem very poor these days!

As I understand it drivers are not allowed to use their phones in the cab at all at Stagecoach, they must leave the cab to use the phone or read/send a text whether the bus is moving or not!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(30/09/2013 18:30)MX05 CKN Wrote:  
(30/09/2013 18:16)MPTE1955 Wrote:  To be honest, I can probably count the number of bus drivers I have seen using their phone on one hand, in fact I think I have three drivers doing it, they all worked for the same company. See my previous comment to work out the company I mean.

*cough* South Lancs *cough*

No, not South Lancs.
That is very very poor. There's no excuse.

Yellow buses. Hmm.

[Image: tumblr_mxlljfQAtc1se7of4o1_500.png]
Jack
I got told once a company sack a driver they have to inform the traffic commisnor and the reason why depending on how serious the reason is.
Arriva has a zero tolorance when it comes to saftey of passengers and driving standards as when im driving my bus and need a drink i pull into the next stop to have one but i know driving while on your phone is a serious offence and sackable on the spot if proven.
(30/09/2013 19:42)motormayhem Wrote:  I got told once a company sack a driver they have to inform the traffic commisnor and the reason why depending on how serious the reason is.
Arriva has a zero tolorance when it comes to saftey of passengers and driving standards as when im driving my bus and need a drink i pull into the next stop to have one but i know driving while on your phone is a serious offence and sackable on the spot if proven.

Proven as in CCTV showing him leaning over the wheel to browse Amazon on his phone which is blocking vital instruments on the dashboard?

Jack
I remember summer 2012 and I was on the 598 service to Leigh on one of First's Excels 60160. The driver missed my stop by 200 yards even though there was 300 yards of clear road ahead, he then ran two red lights and cut up an Alfa Romeo and they a van on a roundabout at twist lane. First Manchester took it very seriously and I never saw him again.

Jack
One thing iv always been told is never rush as that is when mistakes occur and accidents happen. Yes you try to keep to time and I'm always aware if time but I no longer rush..
(30/09/2013 21:09)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  One thing iv always been told is never rush as that is when mistakes occur and accidents happen. Yes you try to keep to time and I'm always aware if time but I no longer rush..

They're driving huge machines, you can't rush at all.

Jack
^^^^^

This is true but how often do you see drivers speeding, jumping red lights, braking late etc etc..
(30/09/2013 21:50)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  ^^^^^

This is true but how often do you see drivers speeding, jumping red lights, braking late etc etc..

Too bloody often.

Jack

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)