Current time: 05/05/2024, 08:52 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
saw 22102 running from AZ on staff shuttle still with stagecoach in Wigan fleetnames yestaday
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(26/09/2013 19:35)mic Wrote:  saw 22102 running from AZ on staff shuttle still with stagecoach in Wigan fleetnames yestaday

So happy 22102 is on loan for a while, you can keep it

[Image: tumblr_mxlljfQAtc1se7of4o1_500.png]
Jack
(25/09/2013 21:38)M60lad Wrote:  It seems that Middleton Depot's Hybrid Versa's don't just get used on 512/513s now as tonight I've actually seen one on 77 New Moston-Manchester service, nice to see these out and services other than the nornal 512/513s

I been meaning to ask about these, if they were still on loan at Middleton, or had been returned TfGM like the ones from Wigan.
The Versas were supposed to be on loan from TfGM to help out with the emergency Maytree contracts some time ago. The 512/513 routes were part of that and it seems Stagecoach have kept the tender, so therefore presumably the buses will remain.
What they are doing on the 77/78 routes, I don't know. They are Middleton routes and the Maytree work was allocated to Wigan depot.
After all this time off the road awaiting a decision of its fate, I can now reveal that the Bluebird Centro that caught fire while on 112s has now gone away to be repaired and should be back at Stagecoach Manchester in the not to distant future.

Also not sure if its been reported but 22103 is another MAN now at Middleton Depot
(26/09/2013 21:28)ace Wrote:  The Versas were supposed to be on loan from TfGM to help out with the emergency Maytree contracts some time ago. The 512/513 routes were part of that and it seems Stagecoach have kept the tender, so therefore presumably the buses will remain.
What they are doing on the 77/78 routes, I don't know. They are Middleton routes and the Maytree work was allocated to Wigan depot.

Are the 77/78 journeys the Versa's work on tendered or commercial.
I'm sure I remember being told when the TfGM hybrids first arrived that they could only be used on specified tendered services and not on commercial or competing services.
The Centro i never got it will be nice to see it return to service
(26/09/2013 21:28)ace Wrote:  The Versas were supposed to be on loan from TfGM to help out with the emergency Maytree contracts some time ago. The 512/513 routes were part of that and it seems Stagecoach have kept the tender, so therefore presumably the buses will remain.

the 512/3 were allocated to middleton as crew changes happen at bury normally but as there is roadworks halfway causing a temp timetable they have had to change this temp(til xmas i think it is ) so tfgm have prob given them a bit of flexibility with the versas
Why does TFGM spend (waste?) money on handing out Optare hybrids to operators? I never remember the GMPTE doing this years ago. Can't the operators use their own vehicles? Are they purchased using taxpayers money?

Half the time these buses are not even on the road for whatever reasons.
They are issued when they require hybrids, or so they use a specific bus which wont change when operators do. E.g. metroshuttles. Also the company gets less money for the tendee if vehicles are provided

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)