Current time: 19/04/2024, 11:14 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Oakwood Travel (Classic Bus North West)
RE: Classic Bus North West
Look out for the Red Rocket, launching on October 5th, Blackpool to Manchester via Trafford Centre non stop! Offering up to nine return journeys a day between Blackpool and Manchester.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
any news on this new 80 service yet
(24/09/2013 20:01)robertclark125 Wrote:  Look out for the Red Rocket, launching on October 5th, Blackpool to Manchester via Trafford Centre non stop! Offering up to nine return journeys a day between Blackpool and Manchester.

http://www.redrocketexpress.co.uk/
Cheers E208, I forgot to post the link. As for the 80, nothing yet.
Well I thought they were branching out with the 80 but I think the RedRocket is very ambitious. Wish them well but can see the pitfalls with congestion - 90 minutes could be a little optimistic in the peaks. Interesting concept all the same. If this does well, I wonder if we will see the return of a Liverpool - Blackpool service in the future.
Do you think that such a service, if it ever happened, would also call in at Preston Bus Station?

Also, this new Red Rocket, I'm not aware of it having a route number! Any ideas?
It will probably just be RedRocket in LED's, a bit like what the likes of Trent Barton do - no route number, just a name.
Am I right in thinking that Concessionary Passes won't be valid on this service either, btw I wonder what vehicle/s they will use on the service, the interior pics on the website seem to be of a Mercedes Citaro so I wonder whether any have been aquired for the service
(25/09/2013 06:16)M60lad Wrote:  Am I right in thinking that Concessionary Passes won't be valid on this service either, btw I wonder what vehicle/s they will use on the service, the interior pics on the website seem to be of a Mercedes Citaro so I wonder whether any have been aquired for the service

Certainly what they said on the website mentions a "Merc" as well, so, like you, I reckon it's Citaros, but where have they came from? You know, are there any ex London Bendy Citaros unsold? Could it be those?
I think theres quite a few bendies unsold if i remember correctly.

User(s) browsing this thread: