Current time: 16/05/2024, 19:36 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
27599 now at wigan!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(24/09/2013 10:19)GmBusesNorth Wrote:  27599 now at wigan!
Wow, really?!

[Image: tumblr_mxlljfQAtc1se7of4o1_500.png]
Jack
27599, where is that? which depot?

thanks

Martyn
(24/09/2013 10:22)MX05 CKN Wrote:  
Wow, really?!

It arrived about 11.20am and was being inspected at 13.30! I dont know if its staying at wigan but it did have its ticket machine removed!
It's just been for repaint at Hyde Rd, might explain the lack of ticket machine.
22362 having difficulties at Wigan Bus Station. 540 departed late as we waited for a B7RLE

Jack
(24/09/2013 13:08)GmBusesNorth Wrote:  
(24/09/2013 10:22)MX05 CKN Wrote:  
Wow, really?!

It arrived about 11.20am and was being inspected at 13.30! I dont know if its staying at wigan but it did have its ticket machine removed!

Lack of ticket machine implies they're putting one in at Wigan for use on the services in the area. To drag a bus from Middleton to Wigan purely for a ticket machine or inspection would be pointless.

Jack
Interesting working this evening saw a Sharston based Spectra operating a journey on 143 out of Piccadilly at about 17:20, whether a sight of things to come in the future I'm not to sure
(24/09/2013 16:57)MX05 CKN Wrote:  Lack of ticket machine implies they're putting one in at Wigan for use on the services in the area. To drag a bus from Middleton to Wigan purely for a ticket machine or inspection would be pointless.

No it doesn't, not at all.

The vehicle may have been off the road defective for some time, and its ticket machine pinched to use in another vehicle.
Depots aren't allowed to MOT their own vehicles, so it could be at WN for MOT (though I admit Hyde Rd would be more likely).

Given the engineering events elsewhere in the group recently, there's also the chance that it really is there for an inspection. Time will tell, although it has just struck me that the plan may be to concentrate all Enviro300s at Wigan (swapping with ALX300s) to make things more straightforward when the rumoured MAN/dart swaps happen between Middleton, Hyde Rd and Sharston.
(24/09/2013 18:29)mbonwick Wrote:  
(24/09/2013 16:57)MX05 CKN Wrote:  Lack of ticket machine implies they're putting one in at Wigan for use on the services in the area. To drag a bus from Middleton to Wigan purely for a ticket machine or inspection would be pointless.

No it doesn't, not at all.

The vehicle may have been off the road defective for some time, and its ticket machine pinched to use in another vehicle.
Depots aren't allowed to MOT their own vehicles, so it could be at WN for MOT (though I admit Hyde Rd would be more likely).

Given the engineering events elsewhere in the group recently, there's also the chance that it really is there for an inspection. Time will tell, although it has just struck me that the plan may be to concentrate all Enviro300s at Wigan (swapping with ALX300s) to make things more straightforward when the rumoured MAN/dart swaps happen between Middleton, Hyde Rd and Sharston.

It may not imply it but no matter what, it'd have been far more cost effective and less time consuming to MOT it at Hyde Road or anywhere else for that matter, or get the inspectors to drive to the bus. Far easier. Also, they really aren't short of ticket machines.

Jack

User(s) browsing this thread: 30 Guest(s)