Current time: 30/04/2024, 10:37 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
Also seen in Stockport today, an ex London trident still in London Red colours, X395NNO.
Is this the next 'old banger' to join Stockport's ailing fleet?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(18/09/2013 21:28)ace Wrote:  Also seen in Stockport today, an ex London trident still in London Red colours, X395NNO.
Is this the next 'old banger' to join Stockport's ailing fleet?

Is this 17340-ex Lewisham?
I'm just glad 22136 ain't at Wigan anymore.

[Image: tumblr_mxlljfQAtc1se7of4o1_500.png]
Jack
X395NNO is indeed 17340, but its not ex-Lewisham as Stagecoach don't have a garage there!

It's no longer a Stagecoach vehicle. Manchester Community Transport have purchased it from Ensign.
(18/09/2013 22:56)mbonwick Wrote:  X395NNO is indeed 17340, but its not ex-Lewisham as Stagecoach don't have a garage there!

It's no longer a Stagecoach vehicle. Manchester Community Transport have purchased it from Ensign.

Yes they do, its called Catford depot code TL, which originally stood for Telling Lewisham.
(19/09/2013 10:10)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  
(18/09/2013 22:56)mbonwick Wrote:  X395NNO is indeed 17340, but its not ex-Lewisham as Stagecoach don't have a garage there!

Yes they do, its called Catford depot code TL, which originally stood for Telling Lewisham.

It was Tilling Lewisham - not Telling - and yes the garge is in Catford but Catford Garage is a very long walk from Lewisham with it being a fair distance from the centre of Catford towards Downham Way on the road to Bromley. . The shopping area in Lewisham regarded as the centre sits mid-way between Go-Ahead's New Cross Garage (NX) and Stagecoach's Catford.
I know the area well having lived in Catford and getting married at Lewisham Registry Office.

Les.
17242 seen on service 7 in Ashton today
(16/09/2013 20:49)ace Wrote:  I don't know what's going on at Stockport depot at the moment, but they seem to be taking back all the old 'bangers' they've previously got rid of.
19338 being one of several Enviro400's, along with 17151 and now would you believe.... 22136!

'Old bangers' galore. Have just returned from Stockport where I saw 22136 in the lower garage showing ''not in service''. Half an hours shopping later, I returned to find it had gone [on which route if any I don't know].Next moment a 370 sailed past-it was 22130. I then also saw 22132 on the 325. The plot thickens.........Wink. Nostalgia buffs should love it!!
Mmmm Angel Very interesting.

So what on earth is going on? Are Stockport short of buses for some reason? These MAN's have all been used in Wigan in recent weeks, which presumably in turn now leaves them short as well.
All the MANs mentioned so far have been in reserve for some time, though most recently in use with Wigan. Presumably the conclusion of B7RLE repaints there has allowed them to move on, though they still remain in reserve.

User(s) browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)