Current time: 05/05/2024, 00:42 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Halton Transport
RE: Halton Transport
#25 on the 17/A this morning.
Strangely enough, saw one of the Enviro's on the 17 towards Widnes this morning too!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25 on the 17/17A is a normal thing.

I've only just noticed this, but the 44 is running to Riverside Runcorn this year instead of Astmoor via Runcorn Bus Station.
That sounds like a pretty regular thing, but the campus it's self closed in 2011 and is pretty much abandoned with no lessons or other uses taking place inside. The Astmoor industrial site however still is open for joinery etc...

This would make the 44 service the first Halton Service to be running to literally nowhere! Laugh
(I imagine their plans for turning the old campus into an industrial education centre for adults and the local industry has been brought into place)
#73 was on the morning 61E to Wavertree Clock before arriving at 8.05.
This bus then runs dead from Wavertree to the rear Netherley Shops, where the 687 to Belle Vale Primary starts.

#60 however was on the 8.05 departure of the 44 from the same destination (You would assume the 61E would link with the 44, but apparently not). It's not quite the right sized bus for route, though has a great turn of speed compared to the earlier 3. I have rode all bar #58, and this one stands out the most ride wise.

The 14F appears to be a school service for Bluecoat, Wavertree.
Does anyone know what's happening with the change to the 27 registered on VOSA?
(12/09/2013 08:48)Valandil Wrote:  Does anyone know what's happening with the change to the 27 registered on VOSA?

"Alternate journeys operate via Moorfield Road, Chorley's Lane and Barrows Green Lane between Crow Wood Corner and Weates Close as service 27A."

From the Halton Transport Website
(12/09/2013 10:03)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  
(12/09/2013 08:48)Valandil Wrote:  Does anyone know what's happening with the change to the 27 registered on VOSA?

"Alternate journeys operate via Moorfield Road, Chorley's Lane and Barrows Green Lane between Crow Wood Corner and Weates Close as service 27A."

From the Halton Transport Website

Oh I see: they've not updated timetables or service changes page, but put something on the front page.

Do you know what that announcement means by, "Halton Transport services will be operating normally in Warrington on Friday the 13th of September with extra buses on service 62 where possible."
Maybe that they are hoping to duplicate runs between Stockton Heath and Warrington or something, as they foresee overcrowding due to none of Warrington's buses operating?
Anyone managed to get any pictures of the new Solos yet? Ive not been able to get any myself as ive left the country!
(12/09/2013 19:25)HaltonNational Wrote:  Anyone managed to get any pictures of the new Solos yet? Ive not been able to get any myself as ive left the country!

Solo 57 passed me in Childwall at 0815 this morning on a 45 working
Not sure which one it was but one of Haltons MCV Evolutions was causing problems in Queen Square Bus Station yesterday afternoon after it broke down on the alighting only stand

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)