Current time: 02/05/2024, 01:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(10/09/2013 13:09)gilbert Wrote:  Such as?

22144 S144TRJ

[Image: tumblr_mxlljfQAtc1se7of4o1_500.png]
Jack
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22151 just departed Wigan on 600. Very strange to see S reg MAN to run 600 service

Jack
(10/09/2013 14:38)MX05 CKN Wrote:  
(10/09/2013 13:09)gilbert Wrote:  Such as?

22144 S144TRJ

There's still some in reserve in Manchester. Why don't you suggest a swap?
(10/09/2013 17:17)gilbert Wrote:  There's still some in reserve in Manchester. Why don't you suggest a swap?

My suggestion would've been; keep our B10BLEs instead of transferring them to Wales. Either way they'd be a minority inthe Stagecoach fleet, so why not a minority in a location where the drivers preferred them?

Jack
(10/09/2013 17:23)MX05 CKN Wrote:  
(10/09/2013 17:17)gilbert Wrote:  There's still some in reserve in Manchester. Why don't you suggest a swap?

My suggestion would've been; keep our B10BLEs instead of transferring them to Wales. Either way they'd be a minority inthe Stagecoach fleet, so why not a minority in a location where the drivers preferred them?

What he said ^^^^^ Sleepy
(10/09/2013 20:19)GmBusesNorth Wrote:  
(10/09/2013 17:23)MX05 CKN Wrote:  

What he said ^^^^^ Sleepy

Me?

Jack
The way I'd've managed the Wigan acquisition:
  • Dispose Optare Excels
  • Dispose Plaxton Pointer 2s
  • Transfer 55/06 reg MAN 18.220s
  • Keep and repaint enough B10BLEs so that S reg and 51 reg MANs were not required to be transferred
  • Repaint B7RLEs
  • Repaint B9TLs so no Enviro400s were needed to be transferred
  • Repaint Dennis Arrows and Volvo Olympians they were mainly used for school services anyway. We don't want Byrchall and Eddies school scum trashing Enviro400s
  • New Enviro200s
  • New Enviro300s

Just an opinion

Jack
Well I don't work for Stagecoach, but I can probably help with some of the reasons why what you suggest hasn't actually happened.
The Dennis Arrows and Olympians were found to be too unreliable for the school work they were assigned to. Stagecoach nearly lost some of this work earlier this year because of this, so had to promise Enviro400's would run for the rest of the year.
The B9TL's were not standard for Stagecoach in Manchester, so they were deemed more suitable for Scotland, hence their transfer. The Enviro400's were spare in Stockport due to a batch of hybrids being delivered, and the alternative would have been to transfer them instead.
The B10BLE's were basically deemed too old, and I think Wigan preferred to come into the 21st century with the MAN's.
Hope this helps.
(10/09/2013 21:24)ace Wrote:  Well I don't work for Stagecoach, but I can probably help with some of the reasons why what you suggest hasn't actually happened.
The Dennis Arrows and Olympians were found to be too unreliable for the school work they were assigned to. Stagecoach nearly lost some of this work earlier this year because of this, so had to promise Enviro400's would run for the rest of the year.
The B9TL's were not standard for Stagecoach in Manchester, so they were deemed more suitable for Scotland, hence their transfer. The Enviro400's were spare in Stockport due to a batch of hybrids being delivered, and the alternative would have been to transfer them instead.
The B10BLE's were basically deemed too old, and I think Wigan preferred to come into the 21st century with the MAN's.
Hope this helps.

I get that but as I said, only a few B10BLEs because of the S reg MANs. The Enviro400s will be trashed by christmas. Those school kids are like bloody gorillas, I used to have to get the bus with them.

Jack
I get that about the Enviro400's getting trashed. It was the same when I was at school, though sometimes a quick 'Oi' from the driver helped. LOL

User(s) browsing this thread: 29 Guest(s)