Current time: 04/05/2024, 14:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(06/09/2013 12:45)mbonwick Wrote:  I won't dispute that - but I will point out that in First days there was a larger allocation of B10BLEs at Wigan, meaning breakdowns could be more easily covered.
Also, there wasn't much time to see the effect of the smaller fleet size on the B10BLEs - they were withdrawn very quickly after takeover.

I understand that Smile

[Image: tumblr_mxlljfQAtc1se7of4o1_500.png]
Jack
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I updated the Stagecoach Manchester Wiki page.

The fleet list has been updated, showing the new Enviro400H which feature on the latest fleet card. Wigan and Middleton's allocations are shown also. Information on acquired B9TLs from First's Wigan operations has been updated too.

Silly how it hasn't been updated for almost a year

Jack
Wright Buses are a lot more comfy and sturdy than ADL's from a passengers point of view, but they would be an oddball in the Stagecoach fleet. They would also have to be rep-painted and they have First interior etc. I believe Stagecoach owner Brian Souter owns Alexander Dennis, which explains they strong relationship.

Of course this wouldn't mater if FirstGroup wasn't so daft to sell off a decent operation like Wigan.
(06/09/2013 14:00)Polo Mint Wrote:  Wright Buses are a lot more comfy and sturdy than ADL's from a passengers point of view, but they would be an oddball in the Stagecoach fleet. They would also have to be rep-painted and they have First interior etc. I believe Stagecoach owner Brian Souter owns Alexander Dennis, which explains they strong relationship.

Of course this wouldn't mater if FirstGroup wasn't so daft to sell off a decent operation like Wigan.

Some B10BLEs were repainted and sent to Wales anyway Confused The Wrights are more favoured by the drivers as I've heard many complain about the ADLs and some drivers even was the Optare Excels and Plaxton Pointer 2s back. Wigan is a great operation, it needs the investment Stagecoach has made but the lovely Wright buses of First. I think if First had invested in new buses and created a ticket like the Wiganrider then it'd have made it worthwhile to have not pulled out.

Jack
I don't think First particularly pulled out because Wigan wasn't making money, more because it was somewhere that would attract a decent price. At the end of the day, the disposals program was all about getting some money back.
At the end of the day, First did what they had to and we can't change that. I'm not over the moon with Stagecoach's operations but they have made some good changes to the bus service around here Smile

Jack
(06/09/2013 13:46)MX05 CKN Wrote:  I updated the Stagecoach Manchester Wiki page.

The fleet list has been updated, showing the new Enviro400H which feature on the latest fleet card. Wigan and Middleton's allocations are shown also. Information on acquired B9TLs from First's Wigan operations has been updated too.

Silly how it hasn't been updated for almost a year

If you want to try and update the Stagecoach Manchester Fleetlist on here, you're very welcome to do so. I tried to take on this job earlier in the year, but couldn't work out how to add or take away buses from the list. Consequently it is rather a mess.
(06/09/2013 17:03)ace Wrote:  If you want to try and update the Stagecoach Manchester Fleetlist on here, you're very welcome to do so. I tried to take on this job earlier in the year, but couldn't work out how to add or take away buses from the list. Consequently it is rather a mess.

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sounds like a monumentally huge task. I think I shall give it a go

Jack
You're right about the Stagecoach Manchester fleet lists, a lengthy task. I'm planning on doing this one in a similar way to the Arriva North West and Wales, i.e. separate lists for each depot, in the near future. Once the lists are created, it might be an idea to pass them onto volunteers with local knowledge as we've done in the past.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
I CALL DIBS ON WIGAN DEPOT Big Grin

Jack

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)