Current time: 05/05/2024, 20:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(05/09/2013 19:52)GmBusesNorth Wrote:  
(05/09/2013 15:42)MX05 CKN Wrote:  I was on Stagecoach in Wigan's ALX300, 22105 (S105 TRJ) this morning and the driver missed my stop even though the bell was pressed. The lovely driver stopped and pointed to his dash, showing me the stop light and it was barely visible so he was unaware that a bell had been pressed. It's become apparent that the S reg ALX300s have many faults and are not favoured by the drivers. Wouldn't if have been easier to keep the Volvo Wright Renown B10BLEs that they transferred to Wales? They may be a year older but the interior was much nicer and at least the driver knew when to stop.

The Volvo Wright Renown B10BLE is a vastly superior vehicle than the MAN

As a passenger I have to agree, much better ride.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(05/09/2013 20:05)MPTE1955 Wrote:  
(05/09/2013 19:52)GmBusesNorth Wrote:  The Volvo Wright Renown B10BLE is a vastly superior vehicle than the MAN

As a passenger I have to agree, much better ride.

Thank you! Somebody agrees Smile I miss the Wright's in Wigan

[Image: tumblr_mxlljfQAtc1se7of4o1_500.png]
Jack
(05/09/2013 15:42)MX05 CKN Wrote:  Wouldn't if have been easier to keep the Volvo Wright Renown B10BLEs that they transferred to Wales? They may be a year older but the interior was much nicer and at least the driver knew when to stop.

In short, no. Out of a total fleet somewhere around 700 vehicles, there were only a handful of B10BLEs making them non standard for ordering parts in. Don't forget that the B10BLE is heavier and hungrier on fuel than an MAN as well.
(05/09/2013 21:37)mbonwick Wrote:  In short, no. Out of a total fleet somewhere around 700 vehicles, there were only a handful of B10BLEs making them non standard for ordering parts in. Don't forget that the B10BLE is heavier and hungrier on fuel than an MAN as well.

I get that, but the S reg MANs seem to constantly be breaking down or not working right

Jack
Plenty of different MANs on the 112 yesterday being 22090/99/100 and a few other Hyde Rd MANs 22133/65.
(05/09/2013 21:45)MX05 CKN Wrote:  
(05/09/2013 21:37)mbonwick Wrote:  In short, no. Out of a total fleet somewhere around 700 vehicles, there were only a handful of B10BLEs making them non standard for ordering parts in. Don't forget that the B10BLE is heavier and hungrier on fuel than an MAN as well.

I get that, but the S reg MANs seem to constantly be breaking down or not working right

And what makes you think the B10BLEs would be any better? Wales aren't happy with the state of theirs...
(06/09/2013 09:17)mbonwick Wrote:  
(05/09/2013 21:45)MX05 CKN Wrote:  

And what makes you think the B10BLEs would be any better? Wales aren't happy with the state of theirs...

I've seen 4 or 4 MANs refuse to move off the stand at Wigan bus station, they just seem to be in worse condition than the B10BLEs were when they left for Wales.

Jack
Unlikely. The examples with Wales run very rough, and only keep going because the DH10A is a relatively simple engine - there aren't many electronics to say "no".
Whereas the MANs are half a generation ahead, with more electronics that stop things...
(06/09/2013 12:05)mbonwick Wrote:  Unlikely. The examples with Wales run very rough, and only keep going because the DH10A is a relatively simple engine - there aren't many electronics to say "no".
Whereas the MANs are half a generation ahead, with more electronics that stop things...

Fair enough bt I've seen more MANs break down than B10BLEs

Jack
I won't dispute that - but I will point out that in First days there was a larger allocation of B10BLEs at Wigan, meaning breakdowns could be more easily covered.
Also, there wasn't much time to see the effect of the smaller fleet size on the B10BLEs - they were withdrawn very quickly after takeover.

User(s) browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)