Current time: 01/06/2024, 23:58 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go North East
RE: Go North East
(22/06/2013 10:02)ifm Wrote:  Fully agree, it is stupid the idea of Peterlee for Sunderland/Middlesbrough as it gives the indication also that you need to change and is not a through service No other GNE services say this, ie, service 27 Newcastle to South Shields does not say 27 Heworth for Newcastle, as that would indicate you had to get off and get the metro, so why does the X7 show something.

X7 is because it is a split route on paperwork to avoid the need for a tacho, like many operators are now doing. Most operators use "connect for..." or "connects to...", especially Stagecoach, but I personally feel it'd be better if they said "then to...". We've had a similar set up in Cumbria for 2 years now, the odd few people still ask if they have to get off the bus or not to go to their final destination, but most people are now used to it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(22/06/2013 10:18)cumbria0902150 Wrote:  
(22/06/2013 10:02)ifm Wrote:  Fully agree, it is stupid the idea of Peterlee for Sunderland/Middlesbrough as it gives the indication also that you need to change and is not a through service No other GNE services say this, ie, service 27 Newcastle to South Shields does not say 27 Heworth for Newcastle, as that would indicate you had to get off and get the metro, so why does the X7 show something.

X7 is because it is a split route on paperwork to avoid the need for a tacho, like many operators are now doing. Most operators use "connect for..." or "connects to...", especially Stagecoach, but I personally feel it'd be better if they said "then to...". We've had a similar set up in Cumbria for 2 years now, the odd few people still ask if they have to get off the bus or not to go to their final destination, but most people are now used to it.

Or another idea is to put Middlesbrough - Stockton - Peterlee (arrow, saying 'connects to') Sunderland on the sides of the bus, or when on the bottom of the screen after its been through its 'via' for a month ot 2 they could put 'no need to change at Peterlee', because not many people know about 'tacho'.
Seen today at Heworth repainted in unbranded plum
Raymond
RE: 4958
(26/06/2013 18:40)Coppercap40 Wrote:  Seen today at Heworth repainted in unbranded plum
Raymond

This is probably a long shot but maybe the 4 solars from OK1 could replace these on the MetroLink letting these replace the Renowns on the X7 which could then go in reserve.
Or they could replace some buses on the waggonway.
This most likely won't be the case since i don't no much about GNE.
(26/06/2013 19:45)riverside motors Wrote:  
(26/06/2013 18:40)Coppercap40 Wrote:  Seen today at Heworth repainted in unbranded plum
Raymond

This is probably a long shot but maybe the 4 solars from OK1 could replace these on the MetroLink letting these replace the Renowns on the X7 which could then go in reserve.

5 are going on the 28/28A, 4 onto the X7 and 2 into Northern but these moves won't be taking place until the new Citaros for the M1 arriving later this year (said to be September, as with the 16 Streetlites for the 53/54 and 60).

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(26/06/2013 19:52)kuyoyo Wrote:  
(26/06/2013 19:45)riverside motors Wrote:  
Raymond

5 are going on the 28/28A, 4 onto the X7 and 2 into Northern but these moves won't be taking place until the new Citaros for the M1 arriving later this year (said to be September, as with the 16 Streetlites for the 53/54 and 60).

i'm quite suprised that i got the cascades right, but its about time the waggonway got an update and the X7 should benefit from looking similar to the gemini's on the X9/X10. Great to see streetlites in the north east soon too!
(26/06/2013 19:52)kuyoyo Wrote:  5 are going on the 28/28A, 4 onto the X7 and 2 into Northern but these moves won't be taking place until the new Citaros for the M1 arriving later this year (said to be September, as with the 16 Streetlites for the 53/54 and 60).

This is the first I have learnt about Go North East gaining Streetlites. This will be something else to do when I ride route 21!

This incidentally suggests that Go-Ahead are pleased with their London Streetlites, whose numbers in service have roughly trebled this month.

That's also had me thinking. Later this year London route 11 will go over to LT "Borisbus" operation, releasing around 28 53-reg Volvo B7TL-Geminis. Could these replace earlier double-deckers in the North East?
(30/06/2013 17:13)Metroline1511 Wrote:  
(26/06/2013 19:52)kuyoyo Wrote:  5 are going on the 28/28A, 4 onto the X7 and 2 into Northern but these moves won't be taking place until the new Citaros for the M1 arriving later this year (said to be September, as with the 16 Streetlites for the 53/54 and 60).

This is the first I have learnt about Go North East gaining Streetlites. This will be something else to do when I ride route 21!

This incidentally suggests that Go-Ahead are pleased with their London Streetlites, whose numbers in service have roughly trebled this month.

That's also had me thinking. Later this year London route 11 will go over to LT "Borisbus" operation, releasing around 28 53-reg Volvo B7TL-Geminis. Could these replace earlier double-deckers in the North East?

if any olympians are left by then maybe, they could also replace some president work, for example the pronto.
When is the Ok1 gonna be cancelled, I presume service 18 okway (mini darts) is
still running?
(08/07/2013 17:39)Buz Nut Wrote:  When is the Ok1 gonna be cancelled, I presume service 18 okway (mini darts) is
still running?

After an 18 month trial the OK1 Expressway service will end after its final journey on Saturday 10 August 2013.

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)