Current time: 27/04/2024, 23:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(19/06/2013 15:08)R971XVM Wrote:  
(18/06/2013 18:18)ace Wrote:  
(18/06/2013 12:06)mbonwick Wrote:  The cynic in me would suggest that it's Manchester trying to break it sooner rather than later so it gets replaced with a Trident from South West. I think this is happening anyway, but no harm in speeding things up :P

Of course, it could just be that its had work and requires running in on a slightly different route...

If they want to break it that badly, why don't they just transfer it to Hyde Road and put it on the 171. A couple of weeks going 30mph over the bumps on Ryder Brow would be enough to test even the most resolute vehicle. LOL

Wouldn't work now - Ryder Brow's been resurfaced LOL

Oh. I didn't know that. Still, I'm sure there are plenty of other pot-hole filled roads to go at LOL
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(19/06/2013 21:25)ace Wrote:  
(19/06/2013 15:08)R971XVM Wrote:  
(18/06/2013 18:18)ace Wrote:  If they want to break it that badly, why don't they just transfer it to Hyde Road and put it on the 171. A couple of weeks going 30mph over the bumps on Ryder Brow would be enough to test even the most resolute vehicle. LOL

Wouldn't work now - Ryder Brow's been resurfaced LOL

Oh. I didn't know that. Still, I'm sure there are plenty of other pot-hole filled roads to go at LOL

I think that I must of found every pot-hole filled road going today up in Cumbria, when making deliveries. So may be if it got transferred to somewhere like KendalIdea
Should be a load of Tridents making the trip from Devon to Wigan tomorrow, if anyone has an idea of ETA at Wigan depot, please post as I might have a trip up there in the hope of catching them arriving........

Credit - Ian Thomas

Setting off in the morning on route to Wigan

17002/005/006 will be leaving Torquay around 0600
17003/010/011/037/038/051 will be leaving Exeter around 0630

all should hopefully run in convoy and make it all the way to Wigan

Ian

Cheers!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(19/06/2013 19:13)Polo Mint Wrote:  Oh I have heard of Cumfybus but I assumed it was a different company, seemed an awfully long way to operate services in Bolton all the way from a depot in the Mersey area. If they are opening a depot in Bolton as you have pointed out then it sounds good and makes sense, they must have won a fair chunk of tenders.

I do not want to go off topic too much so I will ask a genuine Stagecoach question, why do many of Stagecoach's services bypass bus stations? I believe the 192 Doesn't pull into Stockport bus station and the 216 no longer uses Shudehill and instead terminates at Piccadilly.

It's been a long time since I travelled on the 192 but it used to stop a stones throw from the bus station anyway, certainly no more than a 5 min walk. I imagine given the number of vehicles on the route and the very small frequency between would easily snarl up the bus station very quickly.
Plus don't forget commercial services have to pay to use the bus station!

As for the 216, it's never used Shudehill and has always used Piccadilly gardens. Its sister services the 217/218 use Shudehill Monday - Saturday daytime.
(19/06/2013 22:43)gka472l Wrote:  Should be a load of Tridents making the trip from Devon to Wigan tomorrow, if anyone has an idea of ETA at Wigan depot, please post as I might have a trip up there in the hope of catching them arriving........

Credit - Ian Thomas

Setting off in the morning on route to Wigan

17002/005/006 will be leaving Torquay around 0600
17003/010/011/037/038/051 will be leaving Exeter around 0630

all should hopefully run in convoy and make it all the way to Wigan

Ian

Cheers!

Is anyone taking bets as to how many break down on the way? Not wishing to sound too pessimistic but Devon to Wigan is a long way to travel for the slightly more elderly generation LOL
Looking at the departure times, taking into account driver breaks, traffic, etc, I would estimate their arrival between 2pm and 4pm.
(20/06/2013 05:55)ace Wrote:  Looking at the departure times, taking into account driver breaks, traffic, etc, I would estimate their arrival between 2pm and 4pm.

Bearing in mind that its 241 miles from Exeter depot to Bryn Depot, and that they have a top speed of about 50mph. So lets say they do average speed of 40mph, so I would expect them to start arriving any time after 12noon, if they come direct via the M5 & M6.
They seem to be making good progress, just seen a couple on the motorway camera covering the M5/M42 junction just south west of Birmingham.......looks like I might be able to time it reasonably well for them arriving at Bryn.......

http://www.trafficengland.com/

I assume these will be replacing the Olympians/Arrows at Wigan?
Shots from today at Wigan depot, including the arrival of the Tridents from Devon.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/set...234684232/

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)