Current time: 11/05/2024, 05:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(18/06/2013 15:39)thomasl1231 Wrote:  MX55FHA and also MX55FHG are new reprints at Bryn. That leaves only MX55FGZ that needs to be repainted out of the old First livery in terms of B7RLEs at Bryn now! Big Grin

Tell a lie...just seen a picture on Flickr of MX55FGZ repainted! So that's all of the ex-First B7RLEs at Bryn now in the Stagecoach 'swoops' livery, apart from MX06VOT which is still in that other livery. I wonder if they'll get interior refurbishments... I'm guessing not, however Arriva did it with loads of their stuff! We can only wait and see I suppose! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(18/06/2013 18:18)ace Wrote:  
(18/06/2013 12:06)mbonwick Wrote:  The cynic in me would suggest that it's Manchester trying to break it sooner rather than later so it gets replaced with a Trident from South West. I think this is happening anyway, but no harm in speeding things up :P

Of course, it could just be that its had work and requires running in on a slightly different route...

If they want to break it that badly, why don't they just transfer it to Hyde Road and put it on the 171. A couple of weeks going 30mph over the bumps on Ryder Brow would be enough to test even the most resolute vehicle. LOL

Wouldn't work now - Ryder Brow's been resurfaced LOL
Now I know how a fried egg feels-travelling on MAN's in this weather with their heating turned on.Sleepy
A few changes listed in the documents for Friday's TfGM's Bus Committee meeting involving Stagecoach services, which are former Bluebird, First Wigan or Maytree services.

With ex-Bluebird, the 72 will be withdrawn (Cancellation already on VOSA), while the 77 will be reduced to half-hourly and extended to Chadderton Precinct via New Moston, Broadway and Middleton Road. The evening service will terminate at New Moston instead of Moston Gardeners Arms. The 152 is being proposed to be extended from Chadderton to Firwood Park to restore the link between the two previously provided by First's 419 service, which was cut in October 2011.

Three of the services that Stagecoach stepped in to replace Maytree on emergency tenders will be lost to other operators. The 597 will be operated by SLT, while the 553/559 services will be taken over by Cumfybus.

Meanwhile, in Wigan, some of the Wigan nightbus services will be axed at the end of July, but some will continue. Services 628, 629 and 631 will be withdrawn, while 598, 600, 632, 635 and 695 will continue.

http://www.transportforgreatermanchester...us_network
Thanks for keeping us updated.

Bus 72 never seemed to make any sense to me, it was a simple duplication of the 182/24 and terminated before most of the built up areas. First have more frequencies and their journeys operate a lot deeper into Chadderton to Shaw and Milnrow etc.

Doesn't service 419 still operate? I thought it operated between Ashton and Middleton?

Who the hell are 'Club Class Travel' 'Cumfybus' and 'Streetcars'?
Cumfybus are quite a big operator. With contracts and commercial services in Merseyside and an outstation in Poulton-Le-Fylde, Lancashire for the contracts they have in that area. They have advertised recently for the drivers in the Bolton area.

Streetcars are a Platt Bridge based taxi firm who have branched out into buses.

Both these operators have threads on this forum.
Oh I have heard of Cumfybus but I assumed it was a different company, seemed an awfully long way to operate services in Bolton all the way from a depot in the Mersey area. If they are opening a depot in Bolton as you have pointed out then it sounds good and makes sense, they must have won a fair chunk of tenders.

I do not want to go off topic too much so I will ask a genuine Stagecoach question, why do many of Stagecoach's services bypass bus stations? I believe the 192 Doesn't pull into Stockport bus station and the 216 no longer uses Shudehill and instead terminates at Piccadilly.
Street cars have only got the 1 bus and have a restricted licence to only carry 16 passengers at any 1 time.
Passengers in the Tyldesley and Astley area are going to be fuming with these changes, how they expect the busway too succeed when all theres been is cuts in the last year is beyond me. Hope too god that First and especially Stagecoach start to build up and increase there networks and frequencies in the area in order to get people using the bus.

April 2012 - Astley - Leigh - 10 buses an hour
Tyldesley - Leigh - 8 buses an hour
July 2013 - Astley - Leigh - 5 buses an hour
Tyldesley - Leigh - 5 buses an hour

Not good at all!
(19/06/2013 18:22)Polo Mint Wrote:  Thanks for keeping us updated.

Bus 72 never seemed to make any sense to me, it was a simple duplication of the 182/24 and terminated before most of the built up areas. First have more frequencies and their journeys operate a lot deeper into Chadderton to Shaw and Milnrow etc.

Doesn't service 419 still operate? I thought it operated between Ashton and Middleton?

Who the hell are 'Club Class Travel' 'Cumfybus' and 'Streetcars'?

419 does still operate but no longer serves Firwood Park to improve reliability. Even though the 406 is extended from Mills Hill to Firwood Park, local residents wanted a link between Firwood Park and Chadderton Precinct (without walking up to Middleton Road for the 58/59), which is where the 152 should come in.

User(s) browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)