Current time: 07/05/2024, 21:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(23/06/2012 22:08)Damien Wrote:  135 AND 137 Were partially suspended for some of today, I was on 37391 earlier, and a message came over the Radio to say as much, also the torch was the cause of the hold ups on the 524

The amount of disruption to the 135 was taken into consideration in advance, so much that TfGM made the decision to allow people to use Metrolink with their bus tickets.

Its the turn of the 192 this morning, however given the relay will be in Hazel Grove by now, the disruption should be relatively minimal.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(24/06/2012 03:57)66905 Wrote:  Just a quick question, has anyone seen my slightly younger brother out and about - 66906?

Haven't seen it or been on it for months Undecided

Thanks

Not seen it myself in a long time. May do a 40349 and turn up after being away for months on end!
409's were caught up in the procession today as the torch travelled from Oldham to Ashton along Oldham Road at around 10am this morning. I walked into Ashton at around 11.30 and 409's were still coming down Oldham Rd in groups of 3 or 4 buses [this is quite normal on a weekday], most immediatly left the bus station not in service.

Interestingly there was a First Inspector [former driver with clipboard and inspectors hi-viz vest] in Ashton bus station dealing with the 409's. Normally very rare to see anyone 'official' on a Sunday there.

Most of the other Pioneer services ran as normal using the new bypass instead of Penny Meadow as the torch travelled through Ashton town centre.
(24/06/2012 09:08)WWH44L Wrote:  
(24/06/2012 03:57)66905 Wrote:  Just a quick question, has anyone seen my slightly younger brother out and about - 66906?

Thanks

Not seen it myself in a long time. May do a 40349 and turn up after being away for months on end!

It might have been in an accident or something, 66925 at Bryn was in an accident months ago, and I've still not seen it back in service yet! :P
just an image of one of the new repainted buses on route 37 from bolton to manchester

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Can always be guranteed of a Bolton Driver to make me laugh, with some foul language, quite dubious driving and a full on foul mouth tirade at an asian taxi driver on Bradshawgate Bolton. A lot of beeping engine reving, then 37409 on the 37s literally just came from behind him, and almost pulled right in front of him, opened the doors, and shouted. I hate f**** taxi drivers you are total bankers. Nothing like an angry bus driver in full flow :-)
(24/06/2012 09:08)WWH44L Wrote:  

Thanks

John, Ash from flickr says 66906 is possibly at oldham, but he isn't super certain on that.
(24/06/2012 15:41)Mayneway Wrote:  409's were caught up in the procession today as the torch travelled from Oldham to Ashton along Oldham Road at around 10am this morning. I walked into Ashton at around 11.30 and 409's were still coming down Oldham Rd in groups of 3 or 4 buses [this is quite normal on a weekday], most immediatly left the bus station not in service.

Interestingly there was a First Inspector [former driver with clipboard and inspectors hi-viz vest] in Ashton bus station dealing with the 409's. Normally very rare to see anyone 'official' on a Sunday there.

Most of the other Pioneer services ran as normal using the new bypass instead of Penny Meadow as the torch travelled through Ashton town centre.

It took a while for Oldham buses to recover after the torch relay through the town. Notice immediately after the torch relay past Ashton Road, a 184 was running 20-25 mins late down Copster Hill Road. Heard somebody complain later to a 83 driver that they'd been waiting for an hour for a 184 in Manchester.

Interesting mix of buses on the 12 today with the hybrids and the newly painted B9TLs appearing on the route. Also saw 37390 out on the 36 in the new livery. Bolton buses still waiting the branding though.
(24/06/2012 21:43)SF07 Wrote:  
(24/06/2012 15:41)Mayneway Wrote:  409's were caught up in the procession today as the torch travelled from Oldham to Ashton along Oldham Road at around 10am this morning. I walked into Ashton at around 11.30 and 409's were still coming down Oldham Rd in groups of 3 or 4 buses [this is quite normal on a weekday], most immediatly left the bus station not in service.

It took a while for Oldham buses to recover after the torch relay through the town. Notice immediately after the torch relay past Ashton Road, a 184 was running 20-25 mins late down Copster Hill Road. Heard somebody complain later to a 83 driver that they'd been waiting for an hour for a 184 in Manchester.

Interesting mix of buses on the 12 today with the hybrids and the newly painted B9TLs appearing on the route. Also saw 37390 out on the 36 in the new livery. Bolton buses still waiting the branding though.

Not surprized 37390 has been done, needed it, after the replacement headlight panel at the back
So I have 7 B9 repaints at Bolton which could mean I've not seen 2 if they are repainting 3 a week. Any updates most welcome.

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)