Current time: 04/05/2024, 05:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

PeoplesBus
RE: Peoplesbus
How come peoplesbus y472nhk is allowed to run with stagecoach clearly displayed on the bus
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Saw N300BUS on Queens Drive, outside the Navigator Pub today, Assuming it was on the 168, is this usual?
(16/06/2013 18:22)Marshall Capital SLF Wrote:  Saw N300BUS on Queens Drive, outside the Navigator Pub today, Assuming it was on the 168, is this usual?
That's usual! The SPD is awaiting mechanical attention, as far as I know, thus making an allocation of four single-deckers on the 168 impossible. When possible, the four singles are allocated to the 168 (two should always be on PeoplesBus' original workings) and a 'decker onto the 52A as the latter buses have better fuel consumption (and the Sunday 52A board does less mileage than the 168 boards).

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(16/06/2013 20:30)KU02 YUH Wrote:  
(16/06/2013 18:22)Marshall Capital SLF Wrote:  Saw N300BUS on Queens Drive, outside the Navigator Pub today, Assuming it was on the 168, is this usual?
That's usual! The SPD is awaiting mechanical attention, as far as I know, thus making an allocation of four single-deckers on the 168 impossible. When possible, the four singles are allocated to the 168 (two should always be on PeoplesBus' original workings) and a 'decker onto the 52A as the latter buses have better fuel consumption (and the Sunday 52A board does less mileage than the 168 boards).

The 168 has a PVR of 2, not 4. The service is every 60 minutes and no longer every 30 and has been for a while now.

Mon-sat as you have said the bus works off the 52A, where it is replaced before the last service form the City Centre, and then the original 52A bus works the first 168 from Aigburth Vale, with another starting at Bootle Strand
(16/06/2013 21:50)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  
(16/06/2013 20:30)KU02 YUH Wrote:  
The 168 has a PVR of 2, not 4. The service is every 60 minutes and no longer every 30 and has been for a while now.
According to this timetable, the service is still every 30 minutes on Sundays:
http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/travellin...02013).pdf

sure thats a miss print but the PVR is infact 3 as in sunday daytime am sure theres a 3rd bus that comes out to do a one way trip from aigburth to bootle

please correct me if am wrong

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
(16/06/2013 22:17)bolton bus basher Wrote:  sure thats a miss print but the PVR is infact 3 as in sunday daytime am sure theres a 3rd bus that comes out to do a one way trip from aigburth to bootle

please correct me if am wrong
On Sundays, the service is every 30 minutes and a round-trip takes nearly two hours. Does that not mean that the PVR is four?

i thought it was every 60 mins with an extra trip mid- day on a sunday, my mistake

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
(17/06/2013 10:43)bolton bus basher Wrote:  i thought it was every 60 mins with an extra trip mid- day on a sunday, my mistake

The 168 operates on a 30 min frequency between 12 and 5 on a Sunday. PVR is 4. Simple check of the timetable would suffice. That's why it used to be part Arriva/Peoplesbus then part Ace/Peoplesbus before fully Peoplesbus

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Is there a reasoning by the increase in the Sunday daytime frequency

User(s) browsing this thread: