Current time: 20/04/2024, 07:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(14/06/2013 18:19)R874 ERE Wrote:  Rock Ferry R879 HRF (60113) was taken by first shortly before the stagecoach takeover.

Here it is in service in West Yorkshire, having been repainted into the new livery!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/78232101@N0...LW7-c5KXuU

I do wish, that first would not use such small fleet numbers!, which are hard to read (espically when I am struck in traffic!).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Doesn't the repaint for West Yorkshire just sum up First's attitude to their erstwhile Wirral and chester operations.
They just wanted to get rid of the Chester and Wirral operations , neither the Potteries nor Manchester really wanted the operation as it was remote from both of those operations , at least with Stagecoach there is some continuity with the operations across the river.

Already Stagecoach have invested where First just stood still and did nothing in there time .
I passed X265USH on Liverpool Road in Chester today, it was either working a 1 or a 2, in First livery. I thought that was supposed to be all gone by last Thursday?
(15/06/2013 16:29)plannerman Wrote:  I passed X265USH on Liverpool Road in Chester today, it was either working a 1 or a 2, in First livery. I thought that was supposed to be all gone by last Thursday?

From what i've been told no first livery buses are to be out as of tomorrow, so today should be the last day you see one out.

I am no longer active on this forum.
(15/06/2013 08:56)SNL 824 Wrote:  Doesn't the repaint for West Yorkshire just sum up First's attitude to their erstwhile Wirral and chester operations.
Maybe, and there is no denying that the Wirral and Chester operations had, particularly in regard to those at Rock Ferry, reached a dreadfully low ebb over the last few years of First's ownership. However they will have known it was likely to be sold for some time and that's probably why nothing was repainted into the new livery because really what would have been the point?

It is good to see that Stagecoach look to be wasting no time in turning things round, but begs the obvious question that if they can, why couldn't First? A lethargic, transient management culture there plus the financial aspect will no doubt be part of the cause. C&W was not alone and there are a number of First's 'forgotten' subsidiaries which are going to require serious investment and improvement in the not to distant future. How some such as Potteries function is simply not sustainable in the long term.
Y961XBU 28542 was on the 1 today i didnt actually relise this one had been painted and painted properly unlike 28531 S102TNB, 28542 has actually been painted into full Stagecoach and actually looks Smart

Photo Here : http://www.flickr.com/photos/arrivanorth...051064095/

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
33410/1 have departed for scrap.
(16/06/2013 09:47)mbonwick Wrote:  33410/1 have departed for scrap.

Thanks to Mbonwick for information about Dart SLF No33410/1, so far I know three of them include No33412 already gone, But I'm really very very concerned about No33413 V374KLG this is last Chester bus ordered brand new before First Group take over, so I'm hopefully they will go preservation not scrapping. Hope the Helps.
Is there a reason as to why the Marshal Darts were sold for scrap and not sold on, its strange that relative younger buses are scrapped yet the older scanias passed to ensign!

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)