Current time: 03/05/2024, 14:19 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
Peoplebus using some of Abelios tridents and some of there own.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
508126 was on the southport line yesterday. the 18:28 service was delayed yesterday due to an incident at southport. 13 - 15 year olds giving abuse to other passengers waiting for the manchester train and one of them thrown off for refusing to pick up a bottle thrown out of the train and giving abuse to the guard. his friends tried force the door open but failed and then activated the emergency breaks and all were thrown off and met with BTP and RPI's. the guard apologised and made us all laugh and clap. excellent job to the guard and one of the ticket gate staff.
i just have a sneaking feeling that is rail replacement bus service wont be used as much as it should do , as i have heard lots saying its actually quicker to just walk the short distance from Liverpool Central to Liverpool Lime Street.

The famous Liverpool traffic could make the Moorfields - lime street bus a lottery.
I think it is a waste of money, but I believe there is some NR rule saying that a bus needs to be provided?
Would passengers who have tickets for main line services via lime st have any probs with the ticket barriers at central?
forgot to mention a regular ecs ran for four days last week on the southport line which turned back at formby at 8 ish during mornings, any idea what it was for?
508134 currently broken down at Ellesmere Port. Fitters are there but it aint budging.

Train behind held at the signal between Overpool & E.Port.
Quick question if anyone can help -
I'm traveling from Grove rd - man picc on sat, plan to get off at central and walk over to lime street.
Is there any chance the ticket barrier will retain the ticket at central?
The only tickets retained at any of the city centre gatelines are ones with the destination LIVERPOOL STNS. All other tickets are returned. Through tickets (like grove road-man picc) will be rejected by the gates and you will have to use the staffed gate instead.
(24/04/2013 17:55)N271CKB Wrote:  Quick question if anyone can help -
I'm traveling from Grove rd - man picc on sat, plan to get off at central and walk over to lime street.
Is there any chance the ticket barrier will retain the ticket at central?

Advise barrier staff , they have there own barrier card for the barriers these days , manual barrier on some stations these days are only used for larger groups .

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)