Current time: 04/05/2024, 22:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
Presume thats a tfgm cockup as it got extended to Aspull and all other shortrunnings are noted on that page.

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
What depot are the 512/513 operated from? Those routes operate a fair way from a Stagecoach depot, but I am assuming Wigan?
(09/04/2013 18:49)Polo Mint Wrote:  What depot are the 512/513 operated from? Those routes operate a fair way from a Stagecoach depot, but I am assuming Wigan?

I believe it is Middleton depot, along with the 96 (which is being operated with one of the TfGM hybrid Solos). All other former Maytree services run from Wigan depot.

(09/04/2013 12:27)bolton bus basher Wrote:  according to the stagecoach website the 559 runs from aspull to bolton but according to GMPTE website its running from hindley to bolton

http://www.tfgm.com/Corporate/media_cent...icleId=202

Timetable on the Stagecoach has the 559 running to Aspull. Only Bolton-Hindley is subsided though by TfGM. 553 running through to Leigh even though only the Bolton-Boothstown section is subsided.
(09/04/2013 10:29)james solomon Wrote:  Do any of the Stockport hybrids allocated actually do Stockport last time I was there I got ones from Hyde Road and Sharston but didnt see any Stockport allocated ones come through the bus station. Need them crossed off my list. Whats the airport route like out of Stockport any good

The Stockport hybrids are all 192 branded as that is the route they work. They don't go through the bus station at all now, as the ones that used to finish at the bus station now carry on to Stockport College. Others still go on to Stepping Hill and Hazel Grove as before.
The 369 is the bus to the Airport from Stockport.
Noticed one of the TfGM Hybrid SR's on the 597 today.
22133 on 171 today and 2 white buses on 307 and 308
(09/04/2013 21:21)gilbert Wrote:  22133 on 171 today and 2 white buses on 307 and 308

The White buses belong to Manchester Community Transport, who took over these routes on Sunday 7th April.
(09/04/2013 22:19)ace Wrote:  
(09/04/2013 21:21)gilbert Wrote:  22133 on 171 today and 2 white buses on 307 and 308

The White buses belong to Manchester Community Transport, who took over these routes on Sunday 7th April.

Thanks for the info.
I was in Manchester and noticed 47822 and 47823 in Bluebird livery - nothing special in that but they were on the 173 to Stockport. Is that not the MCT route worked by the white 'van-conversion' minibuses. I know there is a regular Bluebird working to the bottom of Piccadilly station but there were definitely showing 173 Stockport or Stepping Hill.

Also at Shudehill GM owned Solo YJ61JGO was on the 96 showing a hastily added fleet number 25347 and Daw Bank legals on the 96 Simister.

Apologies if this info has been reported before. There seem to be a lot of threads involved with the changes happening to Manchester tendered routes!
(10/04/2013 06:39)BHA Wrote:  I was in Manchester and noticed 47822 and 47823 in Bluebird livery - nothing special in that but they were on the 173 to Stockport. Is that not the MCT route worked by the white 'van-conversion' minibuses. I know there is a regular Bluebird working to the bottom of Piccadilly station but there were definitely showing 173 Stockport or Stepping Hill.

Also at Shudehill GM owned Solo YJ61JGO was on the 96 showing a hastily added fleet number 25347 and Daw Bank legals on the 96 Simister.

Apologies if this info has been reported before. There seem to be a lot of threads involved with the changes happening to Manchester tendered routes!

The 173 was a MCT tender which they used them horrid bread vans on, but Bluebird won the tender off them roughly a year (maybe slightly longer) ago, and Bluebird have operated it ever since. No doubt it will eventually move to ST depot.

The 96 was until last week operated by Maytree travel of Bolton who suddenly ceased trading. All their tenders have been given to other operators on an emergency basis. As the 96 is a green bus tender it comes with a Hybrid Solo so this has gone to Stagecoach in the last few days. This Solo and several others are operated by Stagecoach's Middleton depot (former Bluebird base), so already it's earning it's keep.LOL

User(s) browsing this thread: 24 Guest(s)