Current time: 27/09/2024, 20:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Maytree Travel - Bolton
RE: Maytree Travel - Bolton
(05/04/2013 19:30)mbonwick Wrote:  Bluebird lost their tenders off their own back - Stagecoach had nothing to do with it.

Yes but the point I'm making is the price Stagecoach paid for Bluebird wont have been even partly based on any of Bluebirds tenders. It will have been on the commercial services (that Stagecoach can expand on) and the owned vehicles!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Well im glad the drivers have been paid if thats true as just hope they are all able to get jobs with another operator as id hate to see people unable to get further employment.
(05/04/2013 20:54)Mayneway Wrote:  
(05/04/2013 19:30)mbonwick Wrote:  Bluebird lost their tenders off their own back - Stagecoach had nothing to do with it.

Yes but the point I'm making is the price Stagecoach paid for Bluebird wont have been even partly based on any of Bluebirds tenders. It will have been on the commercial services (that Stagecoach can expand on) and the owned vehicles!

Absolutely, but you can bet that the conspiracists on here will start peddling "Stagecoach told Bluebird to lose contracts before they took over", so I thought I should make things crystal clear.
Stagecoach wigan have took 14 ex maytree drivers on to operate ex maytree tenders!
Was it First Bolton that did the 597 before Maytree? I don't think it was Wigan but this opens up the possibility of First or Stagecoach on the route if Jim Stones aren't taking it.
arriva bolton got some tenders, they picking 4 buses up from WY now and taking on 14 ex maytree staff to run the services

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(06/04/2013 13:33)sumner Wrote:  Was it First Bolton that did the 597 before Maytree? I don't think it was Wigan but this opens up the possibility of First or Stagecoach on the route if Jim Stones aren't taking it.

South Lancs have got the Evening & Sunday service on the 597, the daytime operator still hasn't been announced.
Yes I'm aware of that, I meant the daytime service that's why I ruled out South Lancs.
(06/04/2013 14:14)bolton bus basher Wrote:  arriva bolton got some tenders, they picking 4 buses up from WY now and taking on 14 ex maytree staff to run the services

Interesting that both Arriva @ Bolton, and Stagecoach @ Wigan have taken on 14 Maytree drivers each. Does that mean the remaining 40+ drivers are still unemployed or have they gone to First.
(06/04/2013 20:50)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  
(06/04/2013 14:14)bolton bus basher Wrote:  arriva bolton got some tenders, they picking 4 buses up from WY now and taking on 14 ex maytree staff to run the services

Interesting that both Arriva @ Bolton, and Stagecoach @ Wigan have taken on 14 Maytree drivers each. Does that mean the remaining 40+ drivers are still unemployed or have they gone to First.

First did put a message on their Twitter page on Friday inviting Maytree drivers to contact First's Bolton depot, so there could be some there and possibly running the 525/527 Monday-Saturday daytime service tomorrow.

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)