Current time: 19/04/2024, 13:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
It has not been used by Carlisle.

I suspect it has temporarily gained said legals as Carlisle is not a registered operating centre of Glenvale Transport Ltd...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(21/03/2013 22:59)mbonwick Wrote:  It has not been used by Carlisle.

I suspect it has temporarily gained said legals as Carlisle is not a registered operating centre of Glenvale Transport Ltd...

if its due an MOT they'll have probably whacked locals legals on it just to get it through that - while a lot of MOT people dont really bother with it and just check the bare essentials, it is a requirement and a particularly picky examiner who's had a bad day may fail it without them - wouldnt make stagecoach too happy if a bus failed an MOT! Id imagine theyre like first, a 0% tollerance for MOT failures so all the little things must be there!

I am no longer active on this forum.
S355 MFP has broken down in Birkenhead on a 1/2, noted around an hour ago. Fitter on site with a van holding a rather large component which is presumably supposed to be fitted somewhere in the engine compartment!

I am no longer active on this forum.
(22/03/2013 10:01)R874 ERE Wrote:  S355 MFP has broken down in Birkenhead on a 1/2, noted around an hour ago. Fitter on site with a van holding a rather large component which is presumably supposed to be fitted somewhere in the engine compartment!

Yes, I was on said vehicle when it decided to play up! Just coming into Birkenhead off the flyover this morning & no gears at all when on the roundabout at the bottom of Argyle Street. Huh

Oh how we laughed in the snow...Dodgy
(22/03/2013 08:02)R874 ERE Wrote:  
(21/03/2013 22:59)mbonwick Wrote:  It has not been used by Carlisle.

if its due an MOT they'll have probably whacked locals legals on it just to get it through that - while a lot of MOT people dont really bother with it and just check the bare essentials, it is a requirement and a particularly picky examiner who's had a bad day may fail it without them - wouldnt make stagecoach too happy if a bus failed an MOT! Id imagine theyre like first, a 0% tollerance for MOT failures so all the little things must be there!

The MOT is not Carlisle's job, and indeed Carlisle is not an MOT depot beyond their own fleet.
Stagecoach have their own trade plates as well, so its not like its a case of the vehicle being stranded at Carlisle.
Hi All,
This morning that R874ERE report about Stagecoach (ex-first) S355MFP were break down at Birkenhead, I'm really not to surprised !! I've noticed that S3--MFP very often break down in past few months ago. My daughter been text me about a month ago that S-reg single decker were break down at Liverpool near Sir Thomas Strret, so my friend give me piece of paper that S3--MFP were breakdown again last few weeks ago, I thought better off Stagecoach would getting rid of S3---MFP soon as possibly, too much cost to repaired. At Gillmoss Stagecoach Depot they have X/Y-reg (ex-First Group Fleet) coming off from service and placed into stored, So look at X/Y-reg better off than S-reg too old.
Yeah I can't make any sense of what they're keeping and what they're getting rid of.
It's actually quite simple, though because of repaints it is taking some time to achieve.

All Olympians will be disposed of by the end of the year.
All Scania L113s (which includes the S-MFPs) will be disposed of.
The Scania L94UBs (barring 28530/2/3 which will be disposed) will be retained, but not necessarily on Merseyside.
The Volvo B7TLs will be retained, but not necessarily on Merseyside.
The Volvo B7RLEs will stay on Merseyside.
All the Solos and darts will be disposed of.
The Blubird AARE Schoolbuses will remain at Wrexham.
V125DND which is 28530 on paper is stored at Gillmoss. Photo to follow later.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
The sightseeing Olympians are back out and im very suprised to see D235FYM back out. Didnt see it once last year.

Follow me on Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/people/135528304@N03/

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)